Chapter 212 : Elite Jounin Promotion???

A immediately shouted, "Who is spreading such nonsense?"

Mabui replied, "I believe it's the same group that spread the earlier rumors, Raikage-sama."

Inazuma interrupted their conversation and said, "Stop speaking among yourself and tell us whether it is the truth or not. Losing 255 ninjas will be a huge loss even during wartime. We have never ever had such a loss during peacetime."

A looked at Mabui and said, "Inform them."

Everyone in the room got a bit nervous. As they expected, A was hiding something!

Mabui said, "We haven't received any communications from Hari since this morning. I have dispatched Darui's squad to check whether they are fine. We will need to wait until they return to find out if something has happened or if the communications have been cut off somehow."

The room got restless on hearing that. They began feeling that those ridiculous rumors had some truth to them. One of the elders complained, "A, how can you hide such huge news from us?"

A snorted, "Messages not reaching is a very common thing. I didn't think there was anything to be concerned about. You old fellows need to stop wasting your and my time on the rumors Hiruzen is spreading and instead prepare for war!"

However, Inazuma argued, "First we need to know the truth of this incident. If our ninjas have all been killed, then we won't support the war. Instead, our focus should be on getting justice for the lives of our ninjas."

Every leader in the room agreed with him. They discussed important matters for some time before ending the meeting.

After they left, A's rage went through the roof! Mabui quickly said, "Calm down Raikage-sama!"

A said, "These old cowards are the reason why I couldn't launch a full-scale offensive against Konoha during the Hyuga incident. These bastards will stop me again this time too!"

Anger could be felt in his voice. He looked at Mabui and said, "Send a few more squads after Darui. Hiruzen must be scheming something to spread rumors like these!"

Mabui nodded and left.

Later that day, the negotiator group that had left Kumogakure a few days ago reached the location of the mine. However, they were shocked by what they were witnessing.

One of them asked, "Hey, isn't this place supposed to be a mine?"

The person next to him nodded, "It is. And more than 250 ninjas are supposed to be guarding it!"

The ninjas in the group immediately began inspecting the place. They searched a lot but didn't find a single ninja on the site! The mine was destroyed as well. They immediately began sending messages to Kumogakure!

After sending messages, they moved away quite a distance from the site and set up a camp. The entire group was highly alert.

Around the same time, a small toad landed in Hiruzen's office and handed him a scroll. Hiruzen opened and read it. A small smile formed on his face. He said, "Takao, call Fujin here. And you can go home."

Takao nodded and left.

Hiruzen analyzed, 'Now every move I planned has been played. A's position will be a mess. He shouldn't be able to start a war. If he tries to blame Konoha, I will refuse the fact that we took any such mission to the mine. The only loose end is that he might have the dead bodies of Katsumi and Ryota. If he does, he can use them as evidence. Though even if he does, I can think of a dozen methods to turn that against him and turn the situation in our favor.'

Though it was getting late, Fujin was still in the training ground. Sweat could be seen on his face and his breath was heavy.

Fujin calmed himself down and bit his thumb making it bleed. He made the snake hand seal once again and slammed his hands on the ground.