Sid Sid Sid

After morning skate the next day, we went to lunch and then back to Sid's to start getting ready. He was showering when my mom called.

"Hey, Mom. What's up?"

"Hi, Erin. I'm just checking in on you and Sidney," she replied.

"We're doing well, h-"

"That's good to hear, since I haven't heard from you in quite a while. I was beginning to worry you two had run off and gotten hitched without telling anyone. And I would have been convinced that that had happened if I hadn't been watching the two of you in the playoffs," my mom said scoldingly.

"Well, Mom, we haven't run off and gotten married," I rolled my eyes.

"Yet," Sidney said, stepping into the room. I giggled and he smiled at me.

"What was that?" My mom asked.

"Sidney says hi," I said quickly.

"No, I, well, hi, but that's not what I said," Sidney told me.

"He says hi now," I clarified.

"What did he say before?" My mom asked.

"Don't worry about it."

"I am worried about it, Erin! Jason didn't talk to us before proposing! Not that we don't love his fiancé, we do, but we would have liked to have known about it. And, isn't it a little early for you two to be thinking about getting married? How long have you known this man?"

"Mom!"

"I'm just saying, Erin. He could have skeletons in his closet."

"We share his closet, Mom. If there were skeletons in there, I'd have seen them already," I informed her. Sidney laughed as he picked up on the gist of what my mom had said.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, you live together?" She demanded.

"No, but, almost. Trust me, he's tried convincing me to move in," I grinned at Sidney.

"What else has happened that I don't know about?"

"Mom! I'm twenty-eight!"

Sidney laughed again. He couldn't hear her side of the conversation, but it was pretty easy to pick up on. "Do you want me to lay her fears to rest?" He asked.

"Erin? What's going on over there?" My mom asked.

"Do you want to talk to Sid?"

"Yes. Though I'd rather your father spoke to him about these things," she replied. Now it was my turn to laugh. "It's not funny," she muttered.

"Here, Sid," I handed him my phone and he sat on the bed next to me.

"Hi, Mrs. Fitzpatrick, how are you?" Sidney couldn't keep the grin off of his face. "That's good to hear. I'm fine as well, thank you. Erin? Erin is doing well. She's eating her vegetables, if that's what you're concerned about."

I covered my face with a pillow so my mom couldn't hear me laughing. That wasn't what she was concerned about, and he and I both knew it.

Sidney continued, "Oh, it isn't? Well, what else can I help you with? No, we haven't." She had asked about sex. "Well, I would rather do this in person, but I don't know when we'll next have the chance to be in town... No, I can wait, it will be better that way. I'm taking good care of her, I promise, though she doesn't need much taking care of. I think it's her taking care me, and all of us, really. I don't know what we would do without her. Heck, I don't know what I would do without her. I love Erin," Sidney smiled at me. I slid over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head on his chest. He rested his head on top of mine and used his free hand to run his fingers through my hair.