Tease

Sidney pushed me up against the wall and started unzipping my jacket. "I want you to know how I feel every time you tease me and then let me go. I want you to feel the need burning inside you that I feel when I look at you," he said. He began kissing my jaw, then down my neck. He slid my jacket off of my shoulders and let it fall to the floor. He sucked at the spot on my neck where he always left a mark, and when he was satisfied with his handiwork, he turned and walked into the kitchen.

"Would you like something to drink?" He asked casually.

I blinked rapidly a few times, trying to get accustomed to his sudden absence. I was not going to tell him, but the feeling he was trying to inflict upon me was one I was very familiar with; I knew it from when we had kissed and then stopped. My mind was screaming for me to leave, but I didn't want to listen. I was curious; I wanted to see what he was planning. I walked into the kitchen where Sidney was and leaned forward onto the counter, facing Sidney. He had a beer bottle in his hands and he looked at me, a determined expression on his face. "Do you want one?" He offered me a bottle and I accepted it. He took a swig from his bottle and then stretched, trying to show off as much of himself as possible.

Two could play at this game. I uncapped the bottle and pressed it to my lips. I kept my eyes on him as I drank, waiting for him to falter, but he didn't. Usually, I wouldn't tease him like this, but tonight I was feeling, as Sidney would say, frisky. "So what are we going to do, Sidney?" I asked, walking around the counter until I was on the same side as him.

His eyes brightened as he got an idea. He took a step closer to me and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, which wasn't unusual for him. Then he leaned in and kissed me, gently at first, then it grew rougher. He picked me up and set me on the counter. I wrapped my legs around his waist, pulling him closer to me. He traced his tongue along my bottom lip and I parted my lips to let him in. I moved my hands down his chest to the hem of his shirt and pulled it up over his head. His hands found their way to my hips where his thumbs crept under my T-shirt. He picked me up again and carried me to the living room, where he broke the kiss, set me down, sat next to me, and turned on Netflix.

That was bullshit. I flicked my gaze over to him as subtly as possible during the movie; I could see the smirk creeping across his face. There was no way in hell that he would get away with that. I stood up and went back to the kitchen. "Hey, Sid? Where do you keep the popcorn? I can't find any," actually, I hadn't even looked.

"I'll be right there," he said. He walked in and reached up into a random cupboard behind me and set the box of microwaveable popcorn next to me.

"Thank you," I smiled and reached out, hooking my finger into the waistband of his sweatpants and pulling him closer to me. I trailed my fingers over his chest and pressed a lingering kiss to his lips. I traced his pecs, then his shoulders and his back. I ran my fingers over his abs and dipped to the v-line that was slightly exposed. I heard him suck in a breath and I placed another kiss on his lips, then turned and started making popcorn.

"Do you have a high wattage microwave?"

"The highest," he replied.

"Hmm."

"Impressed?"

"Not really. Just checking how long it will take," I flashed him a smile.

I drank my beer as we waited for the popcorn. We were quiet and the tension from before was building.

We finished watching the movie and I could practically hear the gears in his head grinding as he tried to think of a way to one-up me for what I'd just done to him. I was definitely feeling like I'd been teased, but I would bet a lot of money that he was feeling it, too.

The movie ended. "Are you staying over tonight?" Sidney asked.

"Is that a request?" I asked.

"Let me rephrase that, you are staying over tonight," he said. His voice sent chills through me and the need he had been talking about grew more intense.

Sidney came over to me and scooped me up. "Where are we going, Captain?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"You'll see," he carried me to his bedroom where he set me on the bed. He climbed on top of me and I reached up to touch his face. "Are you feeling what I mentioned earlier?" He asked.

"No," I whispered.

"Liar," he whispered, smiling, and I giggled, knowing he was right.

I rolled so that I was on top, "Are you feeling it?" I asked in a serious tone, mocking him.

"Of course," he smirked.

"Good," I kissed him and then rolled to lie next to him.

"I know I promised you that it would only happen one more time," he started.

"I didn't believe you," I interrupted.

"I didn't believe me either. Tonight should've just been a fun night playing hockey. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, I started it. And it was fun," I replied, propping myself up on my elbow to look at him.

"You think so?"

"Yeah, I've missed being on the ice like that. Thank you."

"You're welcome. I only hope that I didn't mess anything up," he smiled at me.

"Nope. We're all good. Why did you think that? Did you not have fun?"

"No, that was fun," he said quickly.

"Good."

"Great."

"Shut up," I laughed.

We lay there for a long time. I didn't sleep, but I thought he did. So was that it, then? Was that our 'one last time'? Part of me hoped that it was, because it would be easier on the both of us. The other part of me hoped that it wasn't our last kiss. That part of me hoped that we never had a last kiss. It was the battle that I was constantly waging on myself, even though I had chosen my job. I had chosen my job and yet, I kept looking back. I wondered if maybe this time, Julia had been wrong in predicting what would make me happiest, but only time would tell.

It was very late when Sidney sat up. I sat up, too, "Sid, what is it?"

He turned to me, "I've never really thought about it before, but you're my best friend. You know that, right?"

"I do now," I replied, then paused and thought about it. "You're mine, too."

"Good," he sunk back into the bed, "Goodnight, Erin."

"Goodnight, Sidney," I said.

Author's Note

Hey, hey, hockey fans! I hope you enjoyed that chapter. Please vote and comment to let me know what you thought!! Thanks a bunch :-) I would like to warn you all in advance that the next update might not come until Tuesday. I am going to a conference tomorrow and I don't know how much time I will have to write while I'm there. So until next time, Let's Go Pens!