Addicted

My alarm went off and I stirred lazily; I had set it for earlier than was necessary, just so I could take my time. I tried to roll over, but I couldn't. My eyes snapped open and I saw Sidney Crosby's face, mere centimeters from my own, sound asleep. My hands were pressed against his warm, muscled chest and I wondered what had happened. Last I remembered, he had been wearing a shirt, but he wasn't now. His arms were wrapped around my waist. I admired him at close range for a moment; he looked peaceful in his sleep. I smiled, though he wasn't awake to see it, and then managed to extricate myself from his arms without waking him up. I shut off the alarm and went to take a shower. When I got out, I could hear him stirring. I poked my head out the door to see how awake he really was.

He blinked at me from the bed, "Hey."

"Hey," I replied, smiling becasue I could hear his accent clearly in his sleepy state.

"What are you smirking at?"

"I don't smirk, and I'm smiling at you," I said, my smile growing wider.

"Are you coming back to bed? It's cold without you," he complained. My heart stuttered. It was things like that that made me second guess my decision to focus on coaching.

"You need to get up, lazy boy, you have morning skate in an hour and a half."

He rolled over so that his face was pressed into the pillow and I swore I heard, "Five more minutes!"

I sighed and walked over to the other bed and grabbed a pillow. I raised it over my head and slammed it down on his ass. He grabbed the pillow next to him and threw it in my general direction, missing by a mile. "You're going to have to try harder than that, Crosby!" I taunted.

He rolled over and looked at me. We had a staring contest for about thirty seconds before I decided to go back to getting ready. As soon as I dropped the pillow, he leapt off of our bed and tackled me onto the other one. He sat on my hips, pinning me down, and smacked me with one of the smaller pillows on the bed.

"Ha!" he poked me in the stomach.

"Stop! Not this again!"

"Aww, you're no fun!" he teased.

"I'm plenty of fun, Crosby. Or have you forgotten?"

"I seem to remember you being a very talented dancer..." he smirked.

"Shut up!"

He leaned down until his nose was touching mine, "Never," he breathed.

I was going cross-eyed looking at him, so I closed my eyes.

"Would you let yourself go for one minute?" He whispered. My eyes snapped open. "Just one minute, Erin." I inhaled deeply and nodded. Shit, what was I doing? But before I could think about it anymore, Sidney pressed his lips to mine. My eyes closed, and I kissed him back, our lips moving together perfectly. It was sweet and soft, which was different from the last few times he had kissed me. It was warm, and I felt all tingly and happy, like I was flying and free. It was sheer bliss. His thumbs stroked my cheekbones before he pulled away, but he didn't pull away that far. I leaned up, looking to continue the kiss. Sidney made a soft noise in his throat that was a mix of desire and regret. He wanted to continue the kiss, to give us what we both wanted, but he knew that I would lecture him on the rules again if he did. I opened my eyes to find him looking at me through his long eyelashes, "I know, the rules," he whispered. "But I wanted to do it, just once more."

I watched the emotions flicker across his eyes as he watched me going through the same thing. I wrapped my arms around his neck, "If you're going to it one last time, you had better do it right, Crosby."

He inhaled sharply, "Are you sure?"

"If this is it, we might as well go out with a bang. Er- well... not literally-"

"Got it," he crashed his lips against mine, and the passion I knew he had permeated this kiss. Sidney knew what I wanted, and he was more than willing to give it to me because he wanted it too. A fire started in the pit of my stomach and spread throughout my entire body as he trailed his fingers over me. He pulled at my bottom lip with his teeth and I moaned, pulling him as close to me as possible. He scooped me up without breaking the kiss and set me down further up the bed. He straddled me and slid his tongue into my mouth. I curled my fingers into his hair and pulled gently, making him growl in response. I liked that sound. His fingers trailed down to the Penguins Staff polo I was wearing, and he undid the buttons. He seemed rather irked that they didn't go all the way down, so he pulled it over my head, breaking the kiss for as little time as possible. The air was cool on my skin, but I only shivered when he started kissing down my neck, to my collar bone where he didn't hesitate to leave a mark. "Oh, Sid," I sighed, using his nickname for the first time, as his lips moved further down. He made it to my stomach, his tongue trailing lightly against my skin. He reached my hips and came back up and pressed a kiss on my lips before settling on the bed next to me with a smirk.

"Oh, no, you don't. It's my turn," I said. He raised his eyebrows as I climbed on top of him and pressed my lips to his, my hair hanging down like curtains around both of our faces. He tangled his fingers in my hair, securing me to him. I placed kisses along his jaw, and started moving down his neck. "You might want to be careful where you leave a mark. Yours won't be seen, but you can bet mine will be," he said, his breathing irregular.

"Good," I replied, continuing to kiss him. I moved to his shoulder and sucked on his skin until I left a mark. I kissed down his chest, tracing his muscles as I went. I stopped just above his waist, and then flopped down next to him. He propped himself up on his elbow and looked at me, smiling. "You're beautiful; did I ever tell you that?"

"Once or twice," I grinned.

He traced my face with his fingertips and heat flared up under his touch. My eyes fluttered closed. He leaned in and kissed both of my eyelids softly. He kissed my nose, both of my cheeks, my forehead, and finally my lips. "We have to get ready to go," he murmured.

"I know."

Then there was a sharp rap at the door. "Erin?" Geno asked, "You see Sid?"

"I think he said he was going down to breakfast," I called, as Sidney muffled his laughter with a pillow.

"Okay," Geno said and walked away.

"You need to go," I whispered.

"We need to go," he handed me my shirt. I put it on and he gave me a hand up. I checked the hallway, and the coast was clear, so Sidney left for his room to go get ready. Before the door shut, he leaned back into the room, "Happy birthday, Erin," he smiled.

"Thanks, Sidney," I said. It was a happy birthday. Even though we couldn't do anything like that again, I was glad it had happened once.

I went downstairs for breakfast after fixing my appearance. Sidney had beat me down there, which was good. I felt his eyes on me as I got breakfast and went to sit with the team. I sat between Bortz and Sunshine so that Sidney and I wouldn't look suspicious. It was probably unnecessary, since no one but the two of us knew what had happened, but I felt that I had to be cautious. We shouldn't have done it, but we had said we wouldn't do it again. I was hoping that we had gotten it out of our systems and would be able to act like professionals from now on. I wasn't sure how well that would work, since his kisses had felt like heaven and I never wanted to have to live without them. It had been less than ten minutes since he had last kissed me, but I already needed him desperately. No matter if I liked it or not, I was addicted to Sidney Crosby.

Author's Note

Hey, hey, hockey fans! I hope you enjoyed that chapter ;-) Please vote and comment to let me know what you thought! Thank you!!!! Until next time, Let's Go Pens!