We Know You're Home Crosby

"Morning, beautiful," Sidney whispered in my ear as he shook my shoulder gently.

"Morning," I smiled and stretched.

"Do you want to go out to breakfast?"

"Sounds delicious," I replied before rolling over to fall back asleep.

"Erin," Sidney whined.

"I'm getting up," I groaned and he laughed. I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. Sidney was sitting next to me, already dressed and ready to go.

"You're not getting up, are you?" He asked, looking at me skeptically.

"I don't know, are you coming back to bed?"

Sidney smiled, "I could be convinced."

I leaned over and kissed him softly. "I'll put more effort into that when we get back," I said against his lips.

"I look forward to it," Sidney replied.

I walked over to the closet and grabbed a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt. Sidney and I walked to the little pancake house not too far from his house. It was busy because it was Sunday, but they had better pancakes than either of us could make.

"So, last night was fun," I said before sticking a forkful of chocolate chip pancakes in my mouth. I watched Sidney as I chewed, trying to gage his reaction.

"You think so?" He grinned.

"I do."

"Well, then, maybe we should do it again some time," he shrugged. He was trying so hard to keep the smirk from creeping across his face, but eventually he gave up and smirked at his pancakes.

"It's a date," I was smirking too.

"I'll bring the shower gel."

"I'll do towels this time."

"This time?"

"Well, you had them last time. Maybe you can do them the next time," I shrugged.

"That sounds like we might be at your place this time, if you're supplying towels," Sidney's grin was growing wider. "Your shower is smaller," he said.

"Is that a problem?" I asked, even though I had picked up on his insinuations.

"Not at all."

I couldn't help myself, I started laughing.

"What?" Sidney asked, but he was laughing, too.

"I don't know. You, me, this casual conversation over pancakes. It's just funny," I chuckled.

"You know what else?"

"Hmm?" I replied. Sidney didn't say anything. I looked up, "What else, Sid?"

"I, I don't know. I can't remember," he said.

"Train of thought derailed?"

"I was remembering something else," his eyebrows scrunched together. I studied his face as he concentrated, and then, his gaze snapped up to mine. Now it was my turn to scrunch my eyebrows together. I didn't know what he was thinking because I hadn't figured the telepathy thing out yet. Then he reached under the table and slid his hand up my leg starting at the knee and ending at my hip.

"I guess it's time to go home, huh?" I whispered, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, it is definitely time to go home," his accent was thicker than usual and his eyes had darkened.

As soon as he paid the check, we were out the door. We started walking, but apparently, that wasn't fast enough for Sidney. "Come on, Erin!" He grabbed my hand and started running.