Forgiveness & Love

"What'd he want?" Beau asked me as I sat down at the dinner table.

"Hmm? Oh, nothing," I lied, scooping myself some of the pasta that was left, onto my plate.

"You're a pretty good cook, Erin," Bortuzzo smiled at me.

"You made most of it," I said, "And, you didn't burn down my apartment."

"You thought we'd burn it down?" Beau asked, offended.

"I didn't know what would happen, but if I come down with food poisoning later, I'll know who to blame," I joked halfheartedly.

"Ha ha," Rob rolled his eyes.

I stood up and walked over to the counter where a bottle of wine sat. I usually wouldn't touch it, but I had guests and I thought it might take the edge off. "Would you guys like anything to drink?"

"Yes," Beau said.

"Yes, please, Erin," Bortuzzo said, glaring at Beau for not being polite.

"Yes, please," Beau corrected himself. I poured three glasses and brought them back to the table with the bottle.

"In the mood, are we?" Rob joked, but I saw the concern in his eyes. He knew I didn't drink that much. I didn't answer and just took a sip from my glass as we continued to eat.

They told me all about their crazy antics, from buying all of the pillows at Target, to dressing as Playboy bunnies for Halloween. I had heard that story before, but I liked hearing their version. I wasn't completely happy, but I felt better. Maybe it was the wine, but I thought it was the company. Robert and I pretty much finished off the bottle. Beau wasn't fond of it, so he switched to soda later on.

"Do you guys want dessert?" I asked, going to check what I had in the freezer.

"Sounds awesome," Robert said from behind me, his hand brushing my arm. I flinched at his touch and he took a step away immediately, "I'm sorry, Erin. I didn't mean to do that."

"It's okay," I sighed, running my hand through my hair.

"Something is wrong; but you aren't telling us," he said, low enough so that Beau couldn't hear.

"I'm fine," I examined the contents of my freezer.

"Erin," he said.

"What, Rob?"

"Would you please tell me what's wrong?"

"I can't," I said.

"You can't keep secrets like this, it's bad for you."

"How do you know?"

"I dunno, I just..." he shrugged.

"Don't worry about me, Rob. I'll be fine."

"I'm here if you need to talk, we both are. Or if you need help moving on..."

My gaze snapped up to his in surprise. "You can't be serious..."

"No, I'm serious. I know you had a rough time with that guy, what's his name?"

"S-Joe," I said.

Rob looked thrown off by my answer. I had almost said 'Sidney'. "Right, Joe. I know that it didn't go well, and well, we're all here for you," Rob said.

"I know y'all are supporting me," I smiled and chuckled a little, "For a second I thought you were suggesting something else."

"For a second I thought you'd take me up on it," he studied me carefully.