40

Jack

Jack yawns and quickly through the city, he made way to his favorite grocery store and walks down the aisles tiredly. His eyes scanned the products and he chuckled at a knock off of lucky charms. He yawns and rubs his eyes as he grabbed some cereal, then he stopped. His eyes landed on, wait is that Evelyn? He stares for a moment and she turns and he turns around embarrassed for being caught staring.

"HI" she said casually, well this is awkward "hi-" he said and she grabbed some cereal nearby, he saw she didn't have a cart, then he realized she lived like three hours away or something "well, uh whatcha doing here?" He asked and Evelyn said "meh, family road trip I got dragged into, I know this isn't my business. But how's the sun one doing?" Jack having been a lot more nervous and fidgety after the whole Moon event said "uh, he's being good. Obedient" she nods and Jack, feeling equally as nosy as her asked "why ya getting cereal for a road trip?" She said "snack."

Jack was confused "snack? What could you possibly do  with a box of cereal?" Evelyn shrugged "straight up eat it dry as lil crackers" jack was surprised, his family would have frowned upon that. And because of that, the thought never occurred to him even after he's out of their grasp.

Oh how they'd love to call him a pathetic mistake, but their dead now. Jack never got close to them, infact in a way he was relieved. They'd love to taunt him and try to guilt trip him out of his beliefs, his love of animatronics and his passion that eventually they can be treated equally by humanity. Oh how they'd love to try to crush that down like his love of drawing, a old hobby he had. 

When he was twelve he discovered he loved art, loved drawing. He drew all over his papers in school all over his work pages, they were not happy. They'd constantly yell at him, they wanted him to inherit the family business, no room for fun or even hobbies. They tried to force him to just learn, they only cared for the family business.

It was a black  market, they cared for the business and the family's growing criminal record more then him, he tried to play with kids his age and they drag him inside and teach him stuff he was much to young to know. 

He never really had a childhood, and when they died in a car crash and he inherited the horrible black market drug chain. He instantly just dropped it, cut all ties with their original "employees" for his safety and to spite them, he had been in his twenties and he had understood then just how messed up his childhood was.

Sure he was sad, but he was glad to be cut ties from them. To be out of their grasp, he tried to get back into art but found it was less fun and more stressful, even if they were dead he kept expecting to turn and they'd be there to yell and curse him out so eventually he just gave up on his old hobby.

"Hey!" Evelyn snapped her fingers in his face as he zoned off having flashbacks and he jumped "oh! Uh sorry!" Evelyn looks concerned but decided it wasn't her business and Jack asked "you still uh, working for Fazbear?" He asked swallowing down the sadness and fear that was his childhood. "Nope!" She said in relieve,  "I build animatronics now! Kinda a hobby of mine and now it's my job!" Jack was impressed "it pay well?" He asked and she nodded "pays decently!" Good for her!

Must be great being paided for doing something you love, and that's a impressive skill to have "good for you!" He said smiling and she smiles "well, my family's gonna wonder where I am! Bye! I hope we can talk again soon!" Jack waves sheepishly as she walked off to pay for the cereal, Jack stood there for a sec and shook his head to clear his thoughts, keep shopping, keep shopping. 

A/N: ignore any spelling mistakes, wrote this on my phone