CHAPTER 34

"It's like it's your wedding alone and not ours

"It's like it's your wedding alone and not ours."

Her brows furrowed. "I don't even know if you even truly love me now, Belen." Those words hit him like the crushing weight of a tsunami. "All you do is make me abide by your wishes. You never ever think about how I'd feel, what I want. It's always being about you all along."

He reached his hand out to touch her, almost afraid that she'd disappear. His heart pacing up with fear. Didn't she love him? There was no way the love spell Cupid had placed on her with his arrow could be reversed. Then why?

"Y/n... you know, I never mean to make you feel that way. I love you with my whole heart. How could you ever doubt my love for you?" His voice wavered as she moved away, avoiding his touch. It deeply wounded his heart. Like someone had stabbed him with a double edged knife. "Don't you love me anymore?"

The atmosphere grew tense. A still pin drop silence filled the air as she stared down at the ground, her hand holding onto her arms. Her hues filled with pain and sorrow of a lover who has been hurt countless times. While all Hermes could hear was his loud thumping heart, running wild. His world was starting to shatter before him at the moment.

"I do..." she finally mumbled out in a hush voice, making him let out a sigh of relief. "But I don't know if it's even worth loving you anymore." Bringing his nightmare to life.

"Y/n—" his voice trembled. He felt the pain of a thousand needle being stabbed on him. He couldn't even blink the tears which were starting to build up in his mesmerising teal eyes nor let out a breath to calm himself. A thousand words ran in his mind but he couldn't even utter a word of it except her name.

"I am sorry, Belen. I cannot do this anymore. I need time to think. So if you could please... just leave me alone for the time being."

With those words, she turn and walked inside her chamber, closing the door behind her as she did. Her hands felt numb as she leaned her back against the wooden door. She love him dearly but she couldn't bear the pain which came along with it. She know, he love her like he claimed to. However, he couldn't love her right.

It is easy to love someone but difficult to make them feel loved.