CHAPTER 24

Hermes stood at the door of the young lady, he adored, simply staring at it

Hermes stood at the door of the young lady, he adored, simply staring at it. His mind was lost somewhere else. The door creaked open soon pulling him out of his train of thoughts.

"Belen..." y/n called out. "What are you doing here?" Her brows creased slightly. She had not expected to see him. Has he come to reveal that he is a god too like Apollo? But the golden haired prince had not mentioned anything about him. So maybe he could just be a mortal. Moreover, there was no god who goes with the name of Belen.

"Can I come in?" He asked instead of answering her question.

She stepped aside without a word and simply nodded her head in approval.

"Thank you." He stepped in. The flowers Apollo had gifted her were still in its old places, enhancing the appearance of the room. "You must love these flowers." He spoke out, staring at the vase full of the pretty flowers. His heart stirred with an unpleasant emotion. He had thought she would have removed every trace of Apollo from her life after knowing he was a god. One of the many gods she so despised. So, it came to him as a shock to still see the flowers decorating the chamber. To smell it's sweet fragrance which made him feel nauseated.

"I don't know." She replied, remembering the sun god. "Please have a seat. I need to ask you something." She said, changing the topic. The said man turned to her, his heart beat picking up its pace.

'Has she figured out that I am a god—"

"Do you know your brother is a god?" She inquired, an almost melancholic look in her eyes. Deep in her heart, she wished for him to tell her Apollo was not a god. As she still could not bring herself to accept the truth.

"Yes." He answered in a firm tone. His head hang low. "He confessed a few days back."

She remained silent. The tiny hope she held in her e/c eyes disappearing like a mist. ''Why is it so hard to accept it? Why can't I accept it when he had said it himself? Why...' Her eyes glossed up with tears. 'Why am I trying to convince myself it's not?' She felt torn. Was she supposed to hate him now that he is a god? But he was her dear friend, she cherished.

"I believed he confessed to you too about his real identity." His eyes trailed up to glance at her. To see her reaction. To see if she believed his lies. However, his eyes widen a little as he saw her looking torn. She bite back on her lips to hold back her tears of frustration — she felt towards herself for being in denial.

'Shouldn't she despise him? Why does she look so sad?'

He breathed out. "Y/n... are you upset?"

"I don't know." She covered her face with her hands. "I don't know how I feel anymore, Belen." She broke down.

"Y/n..." he held her wrists. "Look at me." Her hands slipped from her face. Her grief look changed into one of slight confusion and shock. "He is a god." He emphasised.

She stared at him in silence.

"Why are you grieving yourself over it?" He asked. "Don't you despised the gods?"

"Then should I hate him...?" Her voice trailed off.

A still silence swept between them.

Could he tell her to do so? Could he tell her to kick him out of her life? He let go of her wrists. "Do you want to?"

.....................