CHAPTER 30

"Belen

"Belen..." y/n called out, staring down at the bangles on her wrists. She had thought deep and long about what Sandra had told her. She knew, her friend had the best interest in mind when she suggested her to think over the marriage and Apollo. However, she did not wish to hurt Hermes sentiments who seemed to get upset every time she mentioned about the other man.

"Yes, love." Hermes replied placing the dishes on the table.

"Can I ask you something? Please don't be upset though." She glanced up at him. He stopped to turn his gaze to her. A frown already making its way on his handsome visage, making her feel awful before she could even tell him what was on her mind.

"Is it about Apollo?" He asked, there was this certain malice laced in his tone.

She turn her gaze away from him.

"You know, he lied to you."

"I know." She mumbled out, playing with her fingers. Her gaze fixed on her lap. "But he's sorry, Belen." It almost sounded like she was pleading in his stead and it infuriated Hermes more. Even when she was in love with him now, she still thought about Apollo. "I've thought about it a lot and—" she peered up at him under her thick eyelashes as though she was scared to meet his disappointed gaze. "I wish to forgive him..."

"He has been a very good friend to me." She added. Hermes shut his eyes in annoyance. He did not know why? But it really upset him whenever she brought up about his brother. Was it because she choose to forgive him even after she came to know he was a god? While he think she wouldn't have done the same if it were him and not Apollo.

Or was he afraid she really love his brother? And it was jealousy at work.

"Y/n, we have talk over this before. Why don't you understand he is not good for you." He replied, setting the plates down. He kneeled down and took her hands in his. "Don't you believe in me."

The h/c haired woman open her mouth but no words came out of her lips. She was so deeply in love with the man, because of the spell, her emotions clouded her decision.

"I believe in you, Belen." She replied after a while. He smiled at her and cup her left cheek clearly pleased at her response. He did not wish her to be anywhere near the sun god.

"Good. Then, let's not talk about him again hmm?" He caressed her cheek, gazing with a love sick look in his teal hues. She was his now. And he wished to let it remain for all eternity. If he wished, he could reveal his identity to her now as she was madly in love with her and would easily forgive her for all his lies. But he refused to do so, as if he did, he would not have any good reason from stopping her to give Apollo another chance.

"Alright." She gave in.