CHAPTER 3

THE GOD SOMEHOW FELT A SENSE OF GUILT ON HEARING THOSE WORDS

As he had been judging her based on her simple appearance the moment he had laid his eyes on her. Yet the tinge of guilt he felt for his behaviour did not patch his wounded ego—caused by the woman's words. However, he decided to hold himself back just for the sake of his father and atleast try to give her another chance to redeem herself.

" There is beauty in simplicity, my lady. " Apollo commented.

' that has to be. Or else I find no reason why father would be attracted to you. ' He thought. A fake kind smile plastered in his face like a mud stuck in a gold platter.

Y/n turned to him with a raised brow. It was very obvious the man was trying to be kind to her. Nonetheless, the smile on his face made it looked not very kind. She could clearly point out that his smile was as fake as the gods virtuous life — the people believed they lead.

" That is very kind of you, sir. " She thanked him with a strained smile. "Though I'd appreciate it if you would be honest. Finding beauty in simplicity is just some words the good looking and rich says to the peasants to make them feel less miserable. " She stood up from her seat. " It's already quite late. I suggest you should head to bed so you can wake up early to depart on your journey home. As I am sure, your loved ones must be worried about your whereabouts. "

She took the lantern off the hook and walked to the door. " I have already prepared the bed for you. I shall leave the lantern in the room beside the bedstand. " With those words, she disappeared into the quarter to soon return empty handed — having placed the lantern inside as she had said she would.

The prince stood from his seat and thanked her. She had given him enough time to pull himself out of his another series of shock — from her blunt words — as she had went to placed the lantern in the room. It was quite evident to Apollo that the woman seemed to want to get rid of him as soon as possible. There could not be any other reasons why she would want him to head to bed so early if not.

Afterall, if it were other women, they would sacrifice their beauty sleep just to spend more quality time with him.

"Goodnight, sir. I shall head to bed too." Y/n wished him and walked into another room, shutting the door before he could wish her back. Immensely annoyed, the prince walked into his assigned room and sat on the hard bed.

He hated the lack of interest, she had showered him with. It wounded his ego. Afterall, when had a woman rejected him as such and talk to him in such a manner too.

'maybe it's because she is having an affair with father, so she has no interest for other man. ' He tried to reason, just so it would calm him down and not wound his ego as much. 'maybe it's her loyalty and indifferent attitude that may have somehow made her catch father's attention.'

He laid down on the bed just to groan in discomfort. "Is this a bed or a stone I'm laying down on?" He hissed under his breath, used to the life of luxury and comfort. But what caused him more discomfort was how he had to come up with another excuse just to stick around the woman for a week. She was expecting him to leave with the start of tomorrow afterall.

The week was really going to be a pain in his ass. Cause goodness knows! What he would have to endure besides her harsh words and indifferent attitude — he seriously did not take a liking to as much as he did with her plain looks.

 Cause goodness knows! What he would have to endure besides her harsh words and indifferent attitude — he seriously did not take a liking to as much as he did with her plain looks

A/N: THANK YOU FOR READING.