CHAPTER 6

WHILE APOLLO REMAINED IN HIS CHAMBER IN A STATE OF FURY

His half brother, Hermes set his eyes down on the mortal world. His curiosity about the bold mortal lady growing more with each passing second. His heart yearn to see this lady who had told such a bold accusation about the gods. A part of him also wondered if she would have something to say about him too.

' maybe. I should pay a visit to the mortal world. '

Finally giving to his curiosity, he descended down to the mortal realm and waited in silence near the pond. His teal eyes eagerly watched out for the mortal woman.

' Apollo said it was near the pond by the forest of this town...' he reaffirmed as he saw noone approaching the pond. However, soon his restless heart calm down when the image of a mortal woman appeared in the scene. His eyes followed the lady with great interest. But he could not be sure, it was her his brother had met. He needed to confirm. He possibly could not waste his precious time on the wrong person.

The woman bended down to fill her pitcher with water. Her h/c was tied in a low bun and she wore a simple biege gown. She certainly was not from a high ranking in the society.

" Excuse me, my lady. " Hermes soon called out for her, gaining her attention. She looked up to lock her e/c orbs with his teal ones. She was indeed plain looking. Nothing special like Apollo had said. However, for some strange reason, he found her presence really calming and peaceful. She gave off a warmth, his heart was foreign to.

" Yes, sir. " She replied, breaking him from his trance of thoughts. " Is there something I can help you with?"

Taking the opportunity, he put on a false smile and presented his cause. "I have come in search of a lady who had helped my brother a day ago. He told me he met her in here, near the pond by the forest. Are you perhaps the lady? My brother's name is Apollo in case he told you his name. "

The said woman pondered for a while to nod her head. " Yes, I had meet a man with such a name a day ago. " She stood up. " Did he sent you here?"

" Yes. " Hermes lied through his teeth with a gentle smile, appearing warm and kind. " He sent me to gift you a token of present as a gesture of his appreciation for your help. You see, my brother is a very busy man and as such he could not come in person to give it himself so he had sent me in his stead. "

In truth, Apollo was far from grateful. He was enraged and was in contemplation whether to harm her or let her rude self be and Hermes was very well aware of his rage. Yet, here he was spewing white lies with the most kindest smile — he could master. He did not care how Apollo felt and whether he choose to harm her. All he cared for at present was to experience what she had to offer.

" I see. He really need not gift me anything. " She answered. " I shall head back then. Do say I appreciate his gesture though. " She did not wanted to associate herself with the man she met a day ago or with this man before him now. Something seemed off about them. They did not appear very humane in a way.

" Please accept the token, my lady. My brother would be very upset if he learns you refuse it. " Hermes insisted. He did not intent to let go of the woman so easily. The h/c coloured woman remained silent for a few seconds, contemplating whether to accept the token or not.

She looked up to glance at him again. Her brows slightly furrowed. After a couple of thoughts, she bobbed her head. " If you insist, I shall accept it. Thank you. "

A wide smile formed in his smile. " I am glad to hear that. Please allow me to drop you to your abode. It is already very late and it is not safe for a lady to walk around alone at such hours. Moreover, you already have your hands occupied." He said, leaving her no choice to refuse his offer.

Y/n agreed, left with no option. The two headed for her abode. Hermes had taken the time to choose a gift as an excuse to meet the lady beforehand. He had came prepared. As they walked in pure silence, Hermes striked up a conversation breaking the still silence.

" I heard from my brother you have quite some interesting perspective on the gods. "

" He did?" She asked, not even turning to look up at him. Her eyes were set infront on the route. She sounded quite disinterested.

" Yes. "

" I see. Your brother must be telling you a lot of things. "

A lopsided smile spread in his handsome visage. He just hummed back in response. It was partly true as Apollo did share some of his personal information with him.

" I find it very amusing. " He stated after a long pause. " Your perspective on the gods. "

" You do?" Her tone sounded sarcastic. " Your brother found it revolting. "

A chuckle rumbled out of the god's lips. " He did?" He exclaimed even though he was very well aware about it. " It is the god, Apollo you accused infront of him afterall. "

" So he is a devotee of the sun god. "

" Something of that kind. " Hermes replied. He turned to look down at her. " Well, for me I find your ideology on the gods very interesting. It makes me curious if you think the same of all the other gods. "

Y/n stopped in her steps to stare up at the man. The god looked down to lock eyes with her.

" You see, I'd be interested to hear about your insight on the gods. "

A/N: THANK YOU FOR READING!