CHAPTER 1

GODS

GODS

GODS. HEAVENLY BEINGS. BEINGS THE MORTALS LOOK UP AND SEEK FOR HELP IN TIMES OF NEED. Yes, in times of need is when most people turn to the gods for assistance. But there are some who never turn to them even during storms. The blacksmith daughter, Y/n L/n was one of such mortals. It was not that she did not believed in the existence of gods. Rather she did not fancy them and as such refuse to worship those highly beings.

From childhood, she had grown up reading and listening to the tales of the many gods; of which Zeus, the king of all gods was the most she had heard of; as a cause of his countless affairs with goddesses and female mortals.

Her comrades would fawn over the god, wishing to be one of his lovers for the thrill of it. Many saw Zeus as a good god despite the lives of numerous woman he had ruined; the wrath of Hera had never failed to make the lives of those women a living hell. Yet, he was worship and look up to.

However, Y/n did not share the same notion and feeling towards the gods as her other comrades and folks. The tales made her see the gods as selfish, self centred and cruel beings. And she refused to seek help and guidance from the gods who she believed could not even control their own selfish desires and indulge in many wrongdoing.

She just decided to believe in herself and live a righteous life on her own accord without the assistance of the gods. And did not wish for the indulgence of any of them in her life. If only she knew what fate had in store for her.

" Sandra, where are you off to so early in the morning?" Y/n called out as her comrade walked passed her little abode, holding a basket, dressed in her best gown.

The said woman turned to Y/n with a bright smile. Her chestnut brown eyes sparkled with pure enthusiasm. " I am off to offer my offerings to the goddess. Would you like to join me? I'd love if you would. The road to the temple is long and I get bored. "

Y/n dusted her skirt. Her eyes looked bored and disinterested unlike her acquaintance.

" I know, you don't like them. " Sandra mentioned on seeing her unpleased look. " You can wait outside the temple. You don't need to enter. " She proposed, greatly wishing for the other company.

" Alright, if you insist. " The h/c haired woman gave in, seeing the desperate look in Sandra's visage. She set away the woods she had been cutting and joined her acquaintance.

" I am so excited. " Sandra confessed. "I have been praying for a good husband for a long time. I wish, the goddess Hera would answer my prayers. " She turned to Y/n with a wide sparkling eyes as the image of marrying one of the gods crossed her mind. " What if I get one of the gods as my betrothed?"

" I pray you don't. " Y/n simply replied. " That is the worst possible thing which can befall on a person. "

" Oh...come on...Y/n. They are not that bad. I say, you start praying for a good husband for yourself. "

" They are. " Y/n stood her grounds. "The tales are a living proof of it. In case, the very goddess you are on your way to offer sacrifices have destroyed the lives of many women out of jealousy even when the women are completely innocent. " She crossed her arms against her bosom. " I find no reason why I should worship and offer sacrifices to such selfish, cruel beings-"

" Sshh!!! Y/N!!!" Sandra whisper yelled, her index finger on her lips. "You will be in trouble if anyone overhears you. Especially the goddess herself. "

" Noone is around. And in regard to the goddess, she may be too busy keeping an eye over her husband that I don't think she will have the time to pay me any attention. "

Sandra stopped in her steps to stare at  her comrade with a dumbfounded look. There was no winning against her in this subject. The lady had always something witty up her sleeves to defend and stand her ground.

" Why did you stop walking? Do you not wish to offer your offerings to the goddess? " The e/c eyed woman inquired as she noticed her acquaintance had stopped in her track, to just stare at her like a pillar of stone. " Or have my words change your mind about the gods?"

" Oh...you wish, miss. " Sandra said and stomped to where Y/n stood. Her dumbfounded look replaced by a playful one. She nudged her friend with a smug grin. " Whatever you say. I am getting my prince charming out of the goddess. I have already spend tons on her. "

A small smile creeped into Y/n's lips on hearing those words.

" And you know what, Y/n? You shouldn't despise anyone or anything so much. " Sandra said, catching the full attention of the h/c haired woman. Her enchanting eyes clearly questioning her why she shouldn't.

" As there is a saying that you end up with the one you dislike the most. "

[STATUS: UNEDITED]

A/N: Thank you for reading