CHAPTER 8

APOLLO GOT OUT OF HIS BED AND SAT DOWN AT THE EDGE OF THE BED IN DESPAIR AND RAGE

He could not understand why the words of a mere mortal as her could affect him so much. He had decided to sleep with other men and women — returning to his old routine —however he could not. Everytime, he would lean in to kiss the luscious lips of his lover for the night, her words coed in his ears and he could not proceed on with his activity.

Exhaling a frustrated sigh, he ran his fingers through his locks. Why did her words bothered him so much? Why did he care what she thought of him? It had been weeks since he met her yet she was constantly in his mind.

At first, he had thought of punishing her for pointing fingers at him. However, he withdrew for some strange reasons.

"Apollo..." His lover for the night called out for him from the bed. "Are you alright?" Her arms wrapped around his torso and she gently laid her head on his broad shoulders. The prince had not been able to sleep with anyone since he returned back from the mortal realm. She was very well aware about it and so were others. Afterall, words spread like wildfire and especially tales such as these.

"I'm fine." He stood up, distancing himself from her. "You can leave. I do not wish to indulge any futher."

His lover raised her brow. "But you had not even kissed me, Apollo." The prince remained silent to her words. "You have been acting strange since you returned from the mortal world."

The h/c coloured woman's visage flashed before him as she spoke those words. He turned his back on the lady laying on the bed naked and walked to the corner to pour himself a drink. Maybe some liquor would rid him off her lingering memories.

"I am just not in the mood." He responded shortly after and downed the drink in one go. Desperately wishing to forget about the words y/n had told him. However, the drinks reminded him more of her accusations till he could bear no more. He walked out of the chamber and into the garden to get a breath of relief. The night breeze somehow helped calm his nerves.

Exhaling a deep breath, he placed his hands on the railings. ' why is it affecting me so much?' his brows furrowed. Was it because somewhere deep in his heart he wanted to be something more? Someone more honourable and not just a lustful god like his father. He sided and supported his father yet deep in his heart, he held a grudge towards him. If only his father had not indulge in infidelity, he and his twin sister would not have to suffer so much at the hands of his wife — who was blinded with jealousy.

It was his father who committed the act of infidelity by fooling his mother. However, it was his mother, his twin and him who suffered the repercussions for his unfaithfulness. Inspite of the luxurious life, he lived now it failed to wash away the hard times from his memory.

Opening his eyes, he gazed up at the night sky with a longing look. His soul yearn for something he did not know. Maybe love and affection or be appreciated or even more. For the first time, he felt the surging wave of loneliness washed over him. There was noone he could call his own in olympus. Everyone was selfish in their own ways and hardly cared for anyone's interest. Only interested in feeding on their desires and pleasures like him.

He let out a sigh for the nth time and looked down at the mortal world from the balcony of the garden. His face scrunched in an unpleased look as it landed on her and the man infront of her. His half brother, Hermes. What on earth was he doing in the mortal realm with that woman?

"Thank you for your time. I really enjoyed your company." Hermes confessed with a smile. He had been paying a visit to the human world for the past couple of weeks. He just could not get the woman out of his mind. She intrigue him.

He had lied he had been stationed to work in the town for some time and had been visiting her every single day. He enjoyed her company. She was calm, witty and honest. Even more, her perspective of the world and gods sparked his interest in her more. She was true to her words and stood her ground. As the days had passed, he had found himself looking forward to meet her everyday.

He truly seemed to enjoy her company. But did she?

The said woman smiled at him. It reached her eyes and brightened her visage unlike her usual smile which failed to reach her e/c eyes. And for the first time, he saw her in a different limelight. She looked beautiful in all her simplicity.

" I am glad to know you enjoyed my company. I very much enjoy conversing with you, Belen." She called him with his fake name he had told her. He could not possibly tell his name was Hermes. It would be too suspicious as Apollo had introduced himself with his real name to her.

He just hope the friendship he had build with her on false ground would not come to bite him back in the future. As he truly for once, seemed to enjoy someone's company and he did not wished to let go of the bond — he had build with her any sooner. He wanted to hold on for as long as he could.

 He wanted to hold on for as long as he could

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. Also, I have been thinking of writing another book on
Castelvenia and Hellsing. So I wanted to know if any of you had watched any of the two series.