CHAPTER 11

THE H/C WOMAN SAT ON THE GREEN GRASS, GAZING AT THE HORIZON

Her slender fingers busied itself by plucking the grass. Her e/c hues softened as a soft breeze pass by, playing with the strands of her hair. Soon, the sound of footsteps were heard, overpowering the calming sound of nature —the melodious sound of the swaying leaves and the songs of the crickets.

Her lips curled in a small smile as she looked up to meet with the handsome visage of her comrade, Hermes —whom she knew as Belen.

"Did I make you wait?" He inquired, taking a seat beside her to watch the sunset. The descending sun reminded him of his half brother, the sun god with whom he had a brawl with. Apollo had confronted him about his friendship with the mortal woman which had not ended in good terms. He did understand his brother's emotions. But he did not wished to break the wonderful bond he had made with the e/c lady.

With her, time seemed to pass by unknowingly. Unlike usual where it would drag on and on. But most importantly, he felt at peace in her presence. She filled the empty void in his dreary dull life.

"No." She responded, drawing his attention. His teal eyes softened as it landed on her and the corners of his lips curled up in a gentle smile. "You did not."

"I am glad. However, I apologise for running late." He apologized.

"It's alright. All it matters is that you made it." She answered, turning to look up at him. Her e/c hues locked with his teal ones.

Her eyes drew him in. The eyes which once appeared plain to him now were the most beautiful ones he had ever seen and he could not look away from it. Those eyes drew him in and unconsciously, Hermes leaned forward. His teal hues fluttering down to gaze at her rosy lips. However, Y/n turned away as he leaned forward.

His eyes widened as the realisation dawned upon him and he immediately moved away. Luckily, his acquaintance seemed unaware of his approach as she gazed at the sunset with a calm look in her face.

' what was I even doing!'

"Are you alright, Belen?"

He turned away. His fingers massaging his temple. His chest rise and fall in a quick pace. "Y-yes, I just feel a little um.. sick."

She tilt her head and scoot closer to him. She gently removed his fingers on his temple to replace it with her cold hand. He inhaled a shaky breath as her hand came in contact with his warm skin. His wide eyes turning to gaze at her in surprise. Her hand felt cold yet it evoked a warm fuzzy feeling in him.

"You seem fine." She informed, removing her hand from his temple. "But if you feel sick, you can come to my house. I can make a herbal soup for you."

"Um...Belen?"

He quickly turned away and cleared his throat. "I am sorry. I kind of zone out. "

"I'm sorry. I touched you without your consent---"

"It's fine. It's completely fine. You were just concern about me. I- I really appreciate it. Thank you."

Her brows creased slightly. He was acting strange. Maybe he was indeed sick like he had claimed to be.

"Um...you said you wanted to tell me something." He spoke out after a long pause, wishing to get away from the awkard situation he had put himself into. Now, was the not the time for him to sort his feelings and emotions. He could think about it later on.

"Yes." She agreed. "Well...my friend has invited you for dinner on Saturday night. She said she wishes to meet you. But you can decline it if you want—."

"I'd love to come." He answered, mastering a smile. His gaze hardly meeting hers.

"Alright... Thank you. I'll inform her that you've agreed to come."

He nodded his head in response. 'What's happening to me?'

A/N: THANK YOU FOR READING