CHAPTER 43

Y/n felt lost, broken

She'd never felt this shattered. It felt like Belen just toyed with her emotions. He knew she was ready to forgive Apollo even when he was a god. So why couldn't he just confess to her too that he was a god too? Instead of keeping her in the dark. Yes... how could she forget it was because he wanted to keep her away from the sun god.

She felt so betrayed and manipulated when she recollect the times he used the excuse of Apollo being a god to keep her away from him. The way he tried to remove every trace of the sun god from her life. Those flowers, the golden haired prince always gifted her, replaced and thrown away in the garbage can. The books that she had to hid away in the closet and the bangles...

"You always seem to wear those bangles. Did your parents gifted it to you?"

"Umm... no, a friend did." She had replied, looking a bit at unease. Her eyes almost failed to meet his eyes. She was well aware it would greatly upset him if he learn it was from Apollo. Worst, he might tell her to get rid of them saying Apollo had betrayed her and she should not hold onto him.

"So Sandra gifted it to you."

"Hmm..." she nodded her head, not meeting his eyes.

She had to lie to even keep those bangles. She thought, he loved him that's why he was being over protective of her after learning Apollo was a god. And she could somehow understand it before since the gods seemed to almost always bring misfortunes to the mortals they end up associating with.

However, now she realised...

He just despised Apollo for reasons she didn't even know...

And he was just being trying to manipulate her all this time. It felt like he thought of her more as a doll, a puppet he wanted to control than a lover and it hurt her immensely. No words could describe the pain and turmoil she was going through.

She swallowed down her sobs. She refused to shed anymore tears. Her grief was turning into a seething rage.

"Y/n..." an all too familiar voice called out her name, as she was about to open the door to enter her abode. Her grip on the door handle tightened and the tears she had been holding back, pooled up in her eyes. But those weren't just the tears of grief but of rage too.

She slowly turn her head to glance at him. Her bloodshot eyes stared through his soul. "Why are you here again?" She asked in a low voice. "Didn't I told you I don't know you?"

"Y/n, please I am sorry. You know, how much I love you? I didn't mean to say those harsh words to you. I-I can't live without you. Please don't shunt me away." The teal eyed god pleaded like he had been doing for weeks on end. He was hopeful she would forgive him. She love her after all. Thanks to Cupid.

"I am really sorry. But like I said I don't know you. The man I know is Belen but you are..." she paused to stare him dead in the eyes. "Hermes."

His blood run cold when she uttered the last word. His real name.

"You live upto what I thought about the gods, Hermes." Each time she said his name, he felt a sharp pang in his heart. He had always dreamed of her calling out his real name with a loving tone and eyes brimming with love and not this way. He could picked up the resentment in her tone and stare even when it was a tinge. "I was just living a lie. Everything we had..." her voice cracked. "was a lie. You made me live in a world you built with your countless lies and I-I was foolish enough to remain caged in it on my own free will. I was blinded by the false facade of love."

"How could you stoop this low?" she squint her eyes.

Hermes stood still. His world was collapsing before him and he just couldn't processed whatever was happening. It felt like he was stuck in a nightmare.

"How could you?" Tears trickled down her cheeks.

"I love you, y/n." Hermes spoke out, he looked like he was on a daze. His eyes bore so much pain yet an eerie feeling loomed around it. A crazy obsession. "I did all this because I love you and I wanted to you to be by my side." He confessed. "I know, it was wrong of me to force you into loving me but... what else do you expect me to do? Watch you as you fall in love with Apollo and walk away with him."

Forced? Her eyes widened. Fall in love with Apollo? Memories of her conversation with Sandra flashed before her.

"Didn't you love Apollo?"

"Didn't you think of Belen as only a good friend?"

Did? She looked at Hermes, the hair on her neck stood up and a chill ran down her spine. Was she love charmed?

"I love you more, y/n." He said. "Do you even think Apollo would even go to this extent to get your love? Love, I'd even sacrifice all my past lovers for you to just bat an eye at me."

"I am more worthy of your love, y/n. So why don't you love me!?"

She took a step back.

She didn't know why but the look in his eyes terrified her. The mesmerising teal eyes that once brimmed with love now looked like that of a siren in search of a prey.

He looked deranged.