CHAPTER 26

Hermes stood from his balcony staring down at the human realm

Hermes stood from his balcony staring down at the human realm. His heart cried to be in the warm embrace of his lover. But it wept more for she was torn over his half brother, sprouting the seeds of jealousy sowed in his heart not long back. He could not fantom why his brother was so precious to her. Didn't he befriended her first? Wasn't he kind to her? Didn't he look out for her? So where did he missed out on?

He believed he did more than his brother. He gave more efforts. In the process, outlooking his own flaws, the places he missed out on. He clenched the railings tight till his knuckles turned pale.

'I loved her first.' He said to himself, his head hang low. His eyes burning with rage and despair. 'She should love me.' The rage coursing in his body washed off as he thought of her looking torn over his brother and a grieve look overtook his visage.

Ever since he had fallen in love with her, he had been battling with his unchecked emotions. She made her feel a vibrant range of emotions and feelings he had not experienced with his previous lovers. He swore, he would gladly sacrifice all his past lovers if it meant she would just love him just a little. Even an ounce. He would happily live with it.

However, he knew that was not going to happen for he had seen the growing love in those eyes of hers he loved so much. It was just she was not aware of her own feelings and he wished with all his heart that she'll never come to realise it. That he would be able to win her heart over before she even come to realise. But it was a wishful thinking. He was just a friend to her. Only a friend.

As he grieved over his love he was going to lose, an evil thought crossed his mind and he paused to simply stare at the marbled floor. He could make her love him. Why hadn't he ever thought about it? He could make her fall in love with him. She could. The thoughts filled his mind, dragging him to the edge of his sanity. He could ask Cupid to help him in return for something.

He knew it was not right. But he had far past the sanity to even question if it was good or bad. All he wanted was for her to love him. For her to be his. He could not lose her to his half brother. He could not bear to watch her in the embrace of his brother.

"Y/n, you will finally love me."

..........................

Apollo descended to the mortal world and awaited for the young lady near the riverside where he had first met her. His golden eyes searched for her far and wide, hoping she would come. He hoped she would forgive him and give him another chance. He did not wished to end the wonderful friendship they had built together.

He had thought about her the whole week, wishing with all his heart that she will forgive him. He tried to put full trust in the bond they had created. However, it was hard to, knowing how much she despised the gods.

All he could do now was to hope for the better. But as the sun begin to set and it's orange rays fall on the river, his heart began to doubt. He felt restless. He walked a few steps ahead and looked around, hoping he would see her rushing over and say she ran late because something came up and that she'd forgive him. However, it never did and he felt his heart dropped as the night drew closer and there was still no sight of her.

It had been hours...

But he refused to give up. He stood at the route which lead to the riverside area, his eyes desperately searching for her form.

'Y/n... have you choose to let me go?'