CHAPTER 27

"So would she love me now?" Hermes asked, looking at her unconscious self laying on the dry ground after being struck by Cupid's arrow

"So would she love me now?" Hermes asked, looking at her unconscious self laying on the dry ground after being struck by Cupid's arrow. The young lady had been on her way to met up with the sun god when the god of love had struck the arrow at her heart, making her fall unconscious. "And will she be okay?" He stooped down to pick her up into his strong arms, a look of concern in his teal hues.

"Are you doubting me?" Cupid replied, side eyeing the other god.

"No. It's just concerning how she fell unconscious when struck by your arrow." He answered, staring down at her.

"It's most probably because she had someone else in her heart." The love god responded nonchalantly, appearing the least concern. "Nothing to concern over. Once she is awake, you will be the one owning that place in her heart like you wished."

A tinge of guilt reflected in Hermes eyes but he shook it off. She would be happier with him. Only he could love her unconditionally. No one in this entire world nor in Olympus could love her like he did.

"Yes. You can leave now." He turned to walk towards your humble abode.

"Not even a thank you."

Hermes stopped in his step. "It is not like you did it for free, Cupid. So I don't see why I should thank you." He walked off, leaving behind the love god.

"That ungrateful dog..." the love god muttered under his breath.

.......................

Hermes laid you down on your bed and pull the covers over you to keep you warm. The weather was getting cold with winter just around the corner. He run his hands through her locks as he stared at her lovingly. He could not wait for her to wake up so he could embrace her in his arms and hide her away from his brother. Though he thought it was not very necessary considering she would be in love with him and not his brother after she wake up.

He turned to look at the window which was opened wide, overlooking the route she was headed to met up with Apollo. The sun had set and it was turning dark, surely the sun god would have given up and return to Olympus. However, Apollo proved his brother thoughts wrong as he still stood waiting for the young lady. His heart told him she would come.

As the moon soar high up in the sky and the stars appeared, the golden haired prince gazed up at the moon. His heart yearning for the presence of his dear friend. His hope slowly beginning to shatter bit by bits. He drew his attention from the moon to the route one last time, hoping to see her approaching him. But no, the path was empty and it was only him alone in the solitude of mother nature.

He turned to walk away with a heavy heart. He still could not believe she did not show up. He still hope she would show up but it was past midnight and there was nothing he could do now. But accept the bitter truth she had not forgive him and had choose to walk out of his life. As much as he found it hard to stomach, he tried to respect her decision like he had promised he would and walk away from her life. He stared down at her abode, which almost look like a dot from above, as he rode off in his chariot.

His heart felt heavier than ever.

.........................

Sandra walked to her doorstep early in the morning, to ask how it went with y/n and Apollo. She wanted to make sure everything went well as her dear friend had seemed very distressed the day she came to visit her. The sandy eyed lady raise her hand and knocked the door.

The door soon creaked open. Her brows furrowed slightly as she saw Hermes instead of her beloved friend on the door.

"Belen?" She spoke out. "Well hey..." she forced a smile. "Is y/n there?"

"Yes. Please come in." He stepped aside. "She is taking a bath."

"I see." She replied, looking around the chamber. The flowers, which always decorated the quarter since Apollo begin gifting her those flowers, were no longer in the vases decorating the room. Even their sweet scent was long gone as if it never existed and were replaced by red roses. She knew about those flowers as her friend seemed very fond it and they always seemed to decorate her living room.

"Please have a seat. She will be here soon." Hermes spoke out, drawing her attention from the decor of the chamber.

She nodded her head and took a seat. 'What exactly happened and what is Belen doing in here? He is even acting like he own the place.' It was not like she disliked Hermes, she had hoped they were together back then. In fact, she like him as a person at present too. However...

"Would you like to have some tea while you wait for y/n?"

Something did not seem right. She just felt it in her gut. Her intuition was telling her something was wrong but she could not quite put a finger on what.

"That would be nice." She replied with a smile, setting aside her thoughts. "And I don't mean to sound rude, but you seem quite comfortable in y/n house as if it's yours." She let out a laugh.

He smiled. "Well... she is my soon to be wife after all."

'What!!!?'