CHAPTER 28

'What!!!?'

'What!!!?'

It took ever fibre in Sandra not to scream those words out. She was not dumb or stupid enough not to realise her friend was in love with the golden haired prince. Hermes was only a dear friend of y/n, she confided in. So how could she be his soon to be wife? Sandra simply would not wrap her mind over it. What even happened? Just a few days ago, y/n was asking her for her advice, desperately hoping her to say it was okay to forgive the sun god whom she had developed feelings for.

And now, she was betrothed to Hermes!?

"Did you just said 'soon to be wife'?" Sandra asked, leaning a little forward.

The said man turned to her. "Yes." He gave her a bright smile, he look to be in quite the good mood, enough not to even notice the bewildered look hidden behind the sandy hues of Sandra. "I propose to her yesterday and she agreed to marry me. Isn't it lovely? I am sure, you must be elated to hear it considering you wished for us to end up together."

Sandra shook her head in shock. "Uh...hmm yes! That's wonderful." She placed her hand on her chest. 'What in the world is happening right now? Have I gone insane and am hallucinating or is he the one?' She forced a big smile, fanning an act of surprise and joy. 'I need to talk with y/n quick.'

Hermes smiled in return and turned to attend to the boiling hot water to prepare the tea for her. "Would you like it sweet?"

"Huh?"

"The tea." He replied, holding a tea spoon of sugar. "You seem a little lost. Is something wrong?" He raised his brow.

"Oh nooooo..." she waved her hand. "I am just too taken aback by the news." It was not completely a lie as she was indeed quite taken by surprise with the sudden declaration. "I just can't believe my friend is getting married."

His lips curled up in a smile. "I understand. Y/n really did seem like someone who would die a spinster considering how anti romantic she was." A chuckle rumbled out of his throat.

She faked a laugh. "Yes. I am so happy though that she won't die a spinster. I was always so worried she'd die alone with no one to take care of her."

Hermes nodded, greatly appreciating how much Sandra cared for y/n.

"What are you guys laughing about?" Y/n asked, walked in.

"Oh just that we thought you would never settle down." Hermes replied with a fond smile on his visage. The h/c coloured lady just rolled her eyes.

"If you say it like that. I might as well stick to it." She teased, taking a seat beside her beloved friend, who was dying to know what exactly had happened. She turned to Sandra. "Sandra, what are you doing here so early in the morning? Is there something important you wish to talk with me?"

"Yes." The said woman replied, taking a quick side glance of the teal eyed man. "You know, my wedding is coming up soon so I wanted you to come over to help me with shopping and my clothes." She lied. She could not possibly ask her when Hermes was around. Something just didn't feel right.

"I see. Sure. Though I wouldn't be of much help." Y/n replied with a smile.

"So how about today evening? If you are not busy."

"Yes, sure. I am free."

.........................

"What are you looking at?" Cupid asked, as he passed by the garden. He had been seeing Apollo at the garden more often than usual, staring at the same kind of flowers with an almost melancholic look in his handsome visage and a thousand emotions hidden behind his pools of golden hues — which mourn deeply even without shedding tears. "You seem to be in the garden a lot these days."

The said man looked up. His hues flickering, obscuring his emotions away from the love god whom he did not happened to be on the best terms with — because of some past history.

"Yes." He agreed, with a nod of his head. Those were the same flowers, he had always gifted y/n. "I lately seem to be quite content with gazing at the flowers." He stared at the rows of the flowers, a nostalgic look overtaking his face.

"I see." The love god turned to gaze at the flowers himself. 'What's so intriguing about this plain flowers I wonder?' He mused, his eyes darting to catch a glimpse of the sun god.  "And here I thought, you were lovesick."

Apollo eyes widen for a mere second to just dilate. His lips stretching in a small almost pitiful smile. "Why?" He glanced at his acquaintance. "So you can make her despise me again."