Chapter 168

-★ The Second Life Idols Lucky Plan - 168

"That's right. If you think about the fact that the kids who made it to the top 10 of <Catal> back then couldn't even put their heads out for a while."

"ah... ... ."

After the manipulation of <Catch Talent> was revealed, several people involved, including the program's PD at the time, were arrested, and the top performers and staff who participated in the broadcast production were scattered amidst rumors.

It is natural that those who brought the incident on themselves suffered damage. However, the damage extended far away.

"When I think about that, I think it was a good thing. If you had been in the top 10 back then, you wouldn't have been able to avoid falling into the abyss. Haha, it's a bit... to me. It was like that, though."

Not only the few ranking winners who were clearly confirmed to be beneficiaries of manipulation, but also all of the remaining TOP 10 entrants, who were never revealed as to whether they participated in the manipulation or not, were criticized by the public. Regardless of the truth, just because it was in the rankings.

And Lee Gyu-bin was one of the TOP 10 entrants. He was the victim of a manipulation incident, falling to 9th place in the final rankings, and was one of the contestants who stopped his activities in the public eye at the time.

"... Sorry."

And here I was able to understand why Kang Hyun-jin acted as if he owed Lee Gyu-bin something.

At that time, Kang Hyun-jin and Lee Gyu-bin's joint performance took place in the TOP 10 selection competition. Two contestants are randomly paired up to compete, and then one is selected and the other is eliminated.

"Why are you apologizing, Hyunjin? You didn't know it would turn out like this."

And, the judge's choice at the time was Kang Hyun-jin.

After the results were revealed, Kang Hyun-jin voluntarily chose to withdraw, saying he felt inadequate about his skills, and Lee Gyu-bin advanced to the top 10 and became a 'victim of manipulation.'

When Kang Hyun-jin apologized with a pale face, Lee Gyu-bin waved his hand.

"I'm really glad you're doing well. Of course, it was a bit difficult after the incident occurred. But that led me to start participating in MeTube activities, and I think it ended up being good in the end."

At the end of the recording, Lee Gyu-bin revealed that he had no choice but to leave the house for a long time due to the <Catal> incident. Then, he overcame his past by becoming a music MeTuber.

"I've been wondering for a long time what you do for a living. At that time, after the joint performance, you received a lot of praise from the judges. Everyone said they had to put you on the map, that there was no gem like you. But I thought a lot about why I resigned, saying I wasn't good enough."

"... ... ."

Kang Hyun-jin hesitated with a puzzled look at Lee Gyu-bin's next words.