Headache And A Call

Their karaoke room was a mess. At least it looked like that to Fjodor and Sigma as they entered. Nikolai was singing, more like performing, the girls cheered, the boys screamed. The natchos were thrown over and spread across the floor.

"What on earth happened here?", Sigma asked. Izumi saw them come in. "Heyyyyy! Mr. President came back!" Their eyes fell on a bowl in the middle of the table. "Booze", Fjodor and Sigma said at the same time. "At least they are probably not remembering anything tomorrow." Sigma laughed.

"Yeehaw! Come Fyo, whaddawe wanna do now?" Heavily Nikolai leaned on Fjodor's shoulder as they said goodbye to the other's. "It's late, Kolya, we have to go home for dinner. Your mom said she'd cook, remember?" Completely flabbergasted Nikolai looked at him. "My mother? How do you know my mother? She can't know we're together. She doesn't want me to have friends." Fjodor sighed. "How much memory does one loose when drunk? And who are you calling friend?"

Nikolai giggled as they staggered along the street. "You're not my friend? But Fyo, why?" Fjodor ignored him and tried to stabilize the other one, who was way bigger and heavier than he himself. He tried not to think too much about Nikolai's words, but it still hurt him a little. Then he had an idea. "What would be so bad about Fjodor not being your friend?" Completely unamazed Nikolai swung to the right, then to the left.

"It would be soooooo bad, because if he didn't like me, then how would I ever make him my boyfriend? You know, I love him soooo much, but don't tell him, he's gonna be weird about it." He couldn't help but chuckle at that. "He's gonna be weird about it?" Nikolai nodded. "Yeah, he's weird, he has a weird relationship to his father. That man is really really bad. A really bad man. And Fjodor is traumatized, that's why he's weird. But he's sooo cute also. And when he smiles, I'm the happiest person on earth. But he so rarely smiles. He always looks so serious, like this." Nikolai tries to imitate what was supposedly Fjodor's expression. "You're such a dummy sometimes, you know that?", Fjodor said, kissing him on the cheek.

The next day, Nikolai woke up with a terrible headache. He promised to himself he would never drink again, well, at least not that much. "Fyo?" The shorter male groaned as he was woken up from his sleep. "What?" - "I feel awful." Fjodor chuckled. "What did you and Sigma talk about outside?" Nikolai had put a hand before his eyes, shielding them from the light Fjodor had turned on.

"Why? You jealous?" His voice had a teasing undertone. Nikolai growled. "As if. Or should I?" Fjodor crawled closer to Nikolai's bed and leaned on the frame, playing with the long, white hair. "I told him about father. Not in detail, but still." Abruptly Nikolai sat up. "You did? How come?" Now he definitely was jealous. "He said he wanted to be my friend and, I don't know, I thought it was okay if it's him." Fjodor sat on the bed, crossing his legs over Nikolai's. "But don't worry, my heart belongs to only you."

Both of them blushed. Fjodor because he had said that without thinking and Nikolai because he didn't expect Fjodor to say something like that. "Well... I mean, I...", he stammered, which didn't better the situation. Nikolai chuckled. "I never doubted that. I'm happy you could tell someone comfortably."

Then Fjodor's phone rang. His mum. "Yeah?", he said hesitantly. It was the first time they spoke since that day. "I just... wanted to tell you that the court date is on Friday. You should have gotten a letter, but I thought you might still be with Gogol and not at your flat, so your post... Anyway, let's speak there." She spoke very constrained, as of she didn't know how to behave now, what to say. Fjodor just nodded, which she didn't hear of course. Then she hung up.

"I think she hates me", Fjodor said. Nikolai softly patted his head. "No, she's probably just... overwhelmed with the situation." Yeah, what else would you be if your family turned out broken when you thought everything was fine again. And she loved his father. He could never imagine, how this must feel in her shoes.

Friday then. Friday was the decision day.