No Fair Play

Tw: Mobbing, I'm sorry. And Nausea, if anyone is sensitive to that.

Soon after, rumors started to spread. That Nikolai's parents were filthy rich and that's why he always had good grades. That 'the new one' was a creepy freak, that used his magic tricks for stealing from students and someone even said he had done it with a junior in the school. Nobody knew the roots of those rumors and at some point the students fantasy went wild with new ideas.

Nikolai himself pretended not to notice. He kept going on giving small magic shows, although more and more people kept their distance from him. Fjodor however regained his peaceful life. Gogol was busy answering weird questions from the other students or was not seen at all.

Days later.

It was still morning, Fjodor had just woken up, but he already felt nauseous. On the table in the kitchen of his small apartment lay a note. Family dinner on xx. Today. On the way to the bathroom he glanced at it, then he hurried to the toilet and threw up. His hair sticked to his sweaty forehead as he leaned against the wall. Powerless he tried to get up again, but his legs just didn't support his weight. How pathetic.

Without breakfast and barely able to walk, Fjodor somehow made his way to school. His stomach still ached as he tried to walk tall along the hallway. He had to keep his image, his reputation. People stepped aside as he staggered to the classroom. Gogol wasn't there yet. Hopefully he wouldn't come at all, that would be one thing less to worry about.

His hopes weren't fulfilled, as Nikolai entered the classroom almost half an hour late to the first lesson.

"And now we want to talk about the importance of the father-role in a family", the teacher proclaimed and wrote the numbers of the textbook pages on the board. "A father originally was in charge of feeding and protecting the family. He deeply cares about the wellbeing of each family member." Fjodor could feel the nausea welling up in his stomach again. His face went pale as a wall. "Dostojewsky, are you not feeling w...", the teacher said but Fjodor had already jumped up and ran out of the classroom.

If any of yesterday's food had been left in Fjodor's stomach, it was gone now. Coughing he leaned over the toilet. Tears run down his cheeks and his mind started to feel dizzy from exhaustion and lack of food. Then suddenly the door opened. Shit, he had forgotten to lock it earlier. "You need a hand there?", an all too familiar, cheerful voice said. Gogol. The last person he wanted to see now. Maybe not the last, but the last possible one right now. With a weak hand gesture he wanted to shoo him away. "Naww, look at that. You need more than that to get rid of me." Gogol grinned. This guy was making fun of him.

Nikolai then gently stroked the sweaty wet hair from Fjodor's forehead, but the touch made the smaller one choke again. "Easy, easy there", Nikolai said, attempting to calm him down. Then he untied his braid and used the hair tie to knot Fjodor's shoulder long hair together. Fjodor felt pathetic, weak. He didn't want to be taken care of. He hated himself for not being able to suppress the shivering every touch of the other guy's hand caused. He hated that someone was seriously seeing him like this.

Gogol's hand rested a bit longer in Fjodor's neck after he finished tying up his hair. The dark haired male pushed him away. "Don't...touch me." Please. He wouldn't beg for it. He would never beg anyone for anything. He just wanted it to stop. "Why are you here anyway?", he asked, after his breath had steadied a bit. His body leaned against the wall as he sat on the cold floor of the bathroom. His eyes were red and puffy, his hair sticky and wet.

"The teacher told me to", Gogol said. Of course, what else? "Then you can go back now, I'm fine, you don't have to endure my sight any longer." But Nikolai just blinked at him, as if he had made the most unreasonable request. "Why do you hate physical contact so much?", the white haired one then asked out of the blue.