Unpleasant Surprise

It was the last day of school in their second year. Nikolai's parents had allowed Fjodor to stay at their house for the time being. The breakfast went by peacefully, as both of Nikolai's parents were out for work already when they woke up.

"One more thing before you go into the holidays. I would like you to think about what you would like to do after graduation. And don't forget your homework", the teacher said, but nobody listened anymore. Bags were quickly packed, papers crumpled, chairs moved and in a matter of minutes, the classroom was empty.

"I still need to handle some things at the office", Fjodor said as Nikolai followed him like a shadow. "Thought so." Even at the last day of the school year Fjodor would work on the affairs for the next one. "Do you want to be president next year again?", Nikolai asked.

"Dostojewsky-San! I hoped you would come here again!" Sigma stood in front of the office. Fjodor raised a brow and went past him into the small chamber. "Dostojewsky-San, the year end survey looks a bit concerning. Your votes have gone down quite a bit."

Fjodor let himself fall down on the sofa and stared at his junior. "And why is that?" Sigma flinched as if it was his fault, and it did sound like that from his senior's mouth. "I'm sorry. I'm afraid people noticed you not being as scary as before." Nikolai chuckled at that, what earned him a death glare from Fjodor.

"So, you are telling me people don't vote for him because he's friendly now?" Fjodor sighed. As if he had ever been friendly to anyone. His gaze went past Nikolai. Well, almost. But was fear really the only reason people would vote for him? Like, was he not a good president? Exhausted he let his head fall back in his neck. Problems just never stopped around him, did they?

Carefully Nikolai grabbed Fjodor's hand on their way home. "Come on, Fyo, it's not the end of the world." - "It is", he said dryly. Nikolai laughed at that. "You can be so melodramatic sometime." Fjodor rolled his eyes. "And you could take my problems more seriously sometimes." The taller guy pouted. "I do, I do."

"How about this. When we get home we make some posters and..." Nikolai almost went against Fjodor's back when the smaller one suddenly stopped. They just wanted to fetch some clothes from Fjodor's flat before going home, but we're greeted with the presence of a deep purple eyed man.

"You weren't home for a while", he said. Fjodor's body tensed up. "And?" - "Your sheets almost don't smell like you anymore." He suppressed a cough. "Why bother waiting outside if you were in already?", he asked instead. "I wanted to greet my son properly."

"Can't you just get lost and stop bothering me?" Fjodor didn't know if he looked as nonchalantly as he wished to. His knuckles were probably white from how hard he squeezed Nikolai's hand behind his back. "Listen." His father took a few steps towards them, until he stood directly in front of Fjodor. "You little brat tried to kill me..." A rough finger slid along his jawline and tilted his head upwards until Fjodor looked his father directly into the eyes. "Isn't it just fair that I get something instead?"

That sweet tone of his was making him want to throw up and slap him at the same time. But neither happened. Forcefully he pulled his head away.

Author's note:
It's Christmas tomorrow!!! And I'm with my family all day, so I won't have time to post and you also may have no time to read. That's why I decided I'd give you all a special Christmas treat, which is 7 whole chapters. I wanted to get over the trauma drama part and give you some wholesome fluff at the end. It's much at once, I know, but I wanted to end at the chocolate croissant 😂 you'll know what I mean.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

LunaMiyazawa 💜