Chapter One

Tish had gone straight to her room and began packing what little she owned. Most of her belongings were packed in one banged up suitcase that was missing a wheel and was hard to zipper. Once Tish had all of her clothes and hygiene products in the suitcase, she grabbed a small school bag and stuffed her one pillow and one blanket into the bag. She also shoved the stuffed bear her father gave her when she was a year old.

For the first year of her life, Mick was allowed to see her anytime he wanted to, so he had gotten her the bear for her birthday. She had cherished it since, and she always had it with her whenever she left home. Truth be told, she had tried to runaway two times before, and both times she took her bear with her. The problem was, she always came back, but this time she wasn't.

Once all of her stuff was packed, she grabbed the stash bag she had under her mattress that held money, weed, and a little bit of coke. She stuffed the bag into her suitcase, before she grabbed her things and headed out of her room. She didn't even bother waiting for the night, she just grabbed her stuff and disappeared.

She left the home she knew for the last sixteen years of her life, and never looked back. She walked all the way to a bus station and used the payphone right outside. She called the number she remembered last time she called her father. She had to call three times before he finally picked up the phone, and when he did, he sounded irritated. She knew her father well enough to know that he wasn't mad at her, that this was just his personality.

"Daddy?" She practically whispered, causing him to go silent for a moment.

"What are you calling at this hour for?" He asked, but she knew it was meant in a sincere way.

"I got into a fight with John," She sighed,"Mom kicked me out. I was wondering if I could come see you for a few hours?" She questioned, biting her lip nervously.

"Of course, baby. You can stay as long as you want." He replied, and she almost sighed in relief.

"I think I'm going to try and find a place for a bit, and see how it works out." She answered, knowing she didn't want to bring her father down by staying around when he's busy with his band.

"Okay," He said,"but you know you've always got a place with me."

After getting off the phone with her father, she went to the man at the window at the bus station and asked for a ticket to Hollywood. Her father told her his address, and she planned to walk there once she got off the bus. The bus ride was close to five hours, but once the bus arrived, it was close to six in the morning. She had called her father at midnight, and she didn't get on the bus until close to one in the morning.

Anyhow, the moment she stepped off the bus with her suitcase and school bag, she pulled the paper out with her father's address, and began to walk. It took her some time to find the address, since she had no idea where she was going. Luckily, there was a couple of friendly crackheads that helped her find her way. She arrived at close to eight in the morning, considering she had almost gotten lost, as well as stopped for a coffee.

She knocked lightly on her father's door, and barely a minute later, he opened the door. He looked exhausted, but she had a feeling he was awake since she had called him and told him that she was on her way. The moment she seen him, she let go of her suitcase and wrapped her arms around him. Even if she hadn't seen him in years, she was still use to the way he smelled and he still looked the same as he did in the only picture she had of him.

"Come in," He grabbed her suitcase,"the boys are out, but I told them I had some things to take care of." He informed her, as he set her suitcase on the floor near a couch.

"I'm sorry about dropping in on such short notice," She commented,"You look like you haven't slept since I called."

"I haven't," He admitted,"but I wanted to make sure you got here. If you didn't, I would've sent the boys out to hunt you down."

"I'm thinking of moving to Seattle. It's not as busy as here or Vegas. I think it'd be better for me." She said, and he sighed.

"You don't have to make any decisions right now. You can always stay here a day or two." He replied, making her chuckle quietly.

"I know, but I don't want to get in the way of you and your band. Besides, once I get a place, I'll be able to call more, and I'll probably come see some shows." She answered, causing him to smile.

"The boys don't know you're here," He commented,"I figured you'd want some time to chill out without those rowdy assholes bothering you."

"I'll meet them one day anyway," She replied,"I mean, this band is promising afterall."

"John do that to your face?" He asked, and she nodded.

"Yeah, but he told Mom I did it to myself after I attacked him. She believed him and kicked me out." She answered, causing Mick to scowl.

"I'll kill that guy if I ever see him." He grumbled, causing a small smile to appear on her lips.

Tish went to her suitcase and pulled out her stash bag. She pulled out her weed and papers, before she rolled herself a blunt. She then pulled her lighter from her pocket.

"You mind?" She asked, causing her father to scoff.

"Seriously?" He questioned, and she shrugged.

"Mellows me out." She replied, causing him to simply sigh and nod once.

If she was going to smoke, at least she'd be safe with him...