Chapter 20: Distracting Danny

Danny was bored. He'd already done everything in his daily schedule twice. The plan was:

Wake up from nightmare(s)
Attempt to decorate room
Explore mountain
Play with Cujo
Eat
Chat with whatever hero was there
Nap until the others got out of school

He had to add eating to his made up schedule because he kept forgetting and he felt bad when Miss M would hear his stomach growl and she'd look sad when he'd say he forgot to eat.

Danny had let his mind wander while walking around. He really wanted to see how Sam and Tucker were doing or even visit his family's graves but that required traveling back to Amity Park and that was a no go at the moment. Something sped by him creating a small gust of wind. Danny stopped as The Flash stood a couple feet away from him. "You know this is a dead end right?"

"I've just been phasing through the walls before I can run into them."

"That's a good power to have but you should really be more careful. You never know what's on the other side."

"Aren't you able to phase through stuff as well?" Unlike with Kid Mustard, Danny actually enjoyed seeing The Flash.

"I am but only as a last resort. Aren't you bored being cooped up in this mountain all the time?"

"It's only boring when I'm by myself." Danny tried avoiding the pitiful look Flash was giving him. He hadn't meant for his words to sound so sad but the adult hero along with several others had gotten to know the young teen over the last couple months.

"How about we go out for a bit? Hit the buffets or do some sight seeing."

"Sure why not. I've got nothing better to do."

"Great, let's go!" Flash sped down the hall leaving Danny behind. He came back a moment later looking embarrassed. "Sorry sometimes I forget people don't move as fast as me."

Danny smirked. "I can actually move faster than you. I just chose not to."

"That sounds like a challenge. You sure you can keep up?"

"Are you sure you can keep up?"

"Alright let's make this interesting. A new restaurant just opened up in Central City. It's called Nasty Burger. Despite the name I've heard they're pretty good. Whoever gets there last has to dye their hair pink."

If the older hero noticed Danny's excited grin, he didn't mention it. "Does that include eyebrows? I would say all facial hair but neither of us have mustaches."

Flash thought about it for a moment. "Sure why not. The race starts at the hangar."

As the two walked towards the hangar Danny had another question. "Which direction is Central City? Just trying to make sure I don't get lost."

"Umm it should be west of here."

"Okay let's go!" The young ghost was just happy to be doing something outside the mountain.

"Now hold on there, kid, we gotta have a starting line." The older hero chuckled as the younger impatiently huffed. Flash purposely took his time drawing a line in the sand, his grin getting bigger the longer he took. "Now we have a starting point."