Chapter 17: King Tucker Vs. King Tut Pt.2

"Ugh, my head. What happened? Where am I?" Tucker heard a steady beeping noise from somewhere nearby. "I better not be where I think I am." Opening his eyes, the African American teen saw he was in the last place he ever wanted to be... a hospital.

Tucker looked around the room and saw the source of the beeping was a heart monitor which was getting louder as panic set in. The more he looked around the more scared he got. The heart monitor started beeping faster only adding to the teen's panic. "I need to get out of here!"

Suddenly the techno geek was several blocks away in a random alley. Opening his eyes, Tucker immediately noticed he was no longer in that hospital room. "How did I get out here?"

"I brought you here, Master." A six foot ghost wrapped in bandages appeared out of thin air. He was completely bandaged from head to toe with some of it covering his left eye like an eye patch. He wore black and rad garments over the bandages. "Hotep Ra, at your service." The large ghost bowed in front of the teen.

The cool Gotham breeze made him realize a very big problem. He was alone in Gotham City... wearing only a hospital gown... with only underwear... with a ghost staring him down. Tucker really needed to find some clothes and fast. "Um, excuse me while I try to save my dignity." He quickly hid behind some cardboard boxes.

Hotep looked at his 'master' with disdain and slight confusion. This scrawny fleshback was the only thing in his way to becoming what he should have been a long time ago, but for now he would have to make nice with this pretend pharaoh until the time was right. "Is there a reason why you're trying to hide behind a bunch of cardboard, master?"

Tucker looked up, embarrassed at the whole situation. "Well, um Hotep Ra was it? Your most likely a good ghost if you helped me get out of the hospital, but I'm not wearing proper clothes. It's also night time in Gotham where literally the worst villains come out. I just don't want to attract attention to myself."

"That's understandable I suppose. I could take you back to that mescevi, there was a grouchy looking girl that seemed very worried about you."

Back at the hospital, a certain raven haired goth was walking back to her best friend's room after grabbing some snacks from the vending machine when she heard the beeping from Tucker's room start to get faster and suddenly stop. Sam bolted to the hospital room only to find it empty. "TUCKER!"

Tucker shivered all of a sudden, whether it was from the cold or something else, he didn't know. "As much as I don't want to and I really don't, but could you take me back to the hospital, or at least near it if that's okay with you." He looked up at the mummy-like ghost.

The tall ghost inwardly rolled his eyes, why would anyone try and go back to a place they were terrified of. Oh well, not his problem. Hotep Ra sighed before nodding, "If that is what you wish, master, then so be it."

Before he knew it, Tucker was back outside the hospital. "I'll always be nearby when you need me. I'm sure you have several questions." The mummy ghost disappeared from sight but, the teenager knew he was somewhere nearby, lurking.

Sam came speed walking out of the hospital commanding a couple security guards while yelling at someone on the phone. "I already told you what happened Vlad! I thought Tucker flatlined but he just straight up disappeared!" Turning to one if the security guards, she began giving orders. "One you check the parking lots while the other stays with me to check the perimeter. As much as Tucker hates hospitals there's no way he'd go too far in only a hospital gown." She went back to the phone. "When are you coming down here? There's clearly something more important than work at the moment."

Tucker tried to figure out a way to sneak back into the hospital and avoid Sam's wrath but then he stepped on a stick causing everyone to look in his direction. Sam instantly recognized him despite all the shadows. "TUCKER ANDREW FOLEY! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!" The dark haired girl marched over to her friend, the remaining security guard hot on her trail, quietly talking into his walkie talkie.

"Oh um... hey Sam, I have no idea how I got out here." It was a very weak excuse but it was the truth. Tucker had no idea how he ended up in the hospital, in the alley or back outside the hospital. He knew Hotep Ra had something to do with it.

Sam was finally close enough to Tucker that she was able to hug him and then punched him in the dream. "Why would you do something like that!? You had everyone worried!"

"Why do you keep hitting me, I don't even know what happened a majority of the day."

"You freakin' passed out at the museum and disappeared from the hospital, that's what happened!"

"Oh..."

"Now come on, your gonna catch a cold out here standing like that." Sam started dragging Tucker back inside and the young boy went limp when he realized they were heading back to the hospital. "TUCKER!" The security guard picked up the unconscious teen and carried him the rest of the way. Sam took out her phone and took a picture of her friend being carried bridal style. She mumbled to herself, "If he's going to keep passing out then I'm gonna start collecting blackmail."

At the museum Robin was in the middle of fighting William Omaha McElroy also known as King Tut. "This has nothing to do with your dynasty, Tut! What could you possibly be looking for?"

"That's none of your business, boy wonder! Just leave me and my henchmen to search for the artifact."

No one noticed Hotep Ra phase into the room and take the staff. He stopped to stare at the fight for a moment. Rolling his eye, the mummy ghost muttered to himself before leaving. "Fleshbags."

A/N: Hello! This chapter should've been out sooner but I was distracted with other things. Anyway I would like to share some character goals for Danny and Dick because they're both close to getting to them.

Danny:
Slap Wally in the face
Find out if Sam and Tuck are ok
End the GIW

Dick:
Learn more about Danny's past
Start another Batman rumor
End the GIW