Chapter 1: Accidental Rescue Pt. 1

It wouldn't add at the top so here it is right here

Danny looked around his blood stained cell. Currently in human form his dirty hair reached past his shoulders knotted with blood and grime. What used to be a white jumpsuit he had been forced to wear were tattered rags. They did nothing to hide the multiple scars on his body, especially the Y shaped scar that started at his collar bone and ended just above his lower intestines. He was heavily chained to the walls with ghost proof chains and an inhibitor collar around his neck.

So far in the past three years, he had attempted to escape fifty-two times. He'd managed to actually make it outside six times before getting recaptured. During his last attempted jailbreak, the young halfa discovered a new ability, which he dubbed The Ghostly Wail. The downside and the reason he got recaptured was that it drained his energy very quickly. When he awoke, there was a muzzle secured around his face. Three weeks had passed since then and it had been almost another week since he'd last been experimented on. The GIW never went longer than a day without experimenting on, which meant something really bad was going to happen soon.

Danny pulled on his restraints determined to break free as soon as possible. Deep within his core he could feel that this escape would be different from all the others. With a strong tug, the wall behind him crumbled and a scientist that happened to be walking by bolted down the hallway. Soon the alarms were blaring and Danny had less than a minute before several agents started swarming the halls. "Fifty-third time's the charm" Danny thought before preparing for one of the most important battles of his afterlife. Looking down at himself, Danny frowned," I need a new shirt."

Line Break

The Young Justice team were currently on a "covert" mission to figure out what the secret weapon that Lex Luther was in the market to buy and try to defeat superman with.

So far the team had been to three uncharted manmade islands. The first two only had offices and laboratories performing experiments on strange plants and other substances. The last one held a staff with a red orb attached to it. The team was currently headed to another uncharted manmade island talking about a plan of action and what to expect when they get there.

"Okay everyone know the plan? A quick refresher in case some people," Kaldur looks pointedly at Wally, who was currently stuffing his face," weren't paying attention."

Wally quickly gulped down the rest of his snacks, Hey I was paying attention... , mostly."

Kaldur rolled his eyes," which is why we're doing a refresher on the-" the bioship suddenly started shaking as it got closer to the island.

Conner covered his ears in pain," MAKE IT STOP, MAKE IT STOP, MAKE IT STOP!!!"

"Superboy!" M'gann looked at her friend before refocusing on the bioship." I've never experienced turbulence like this before. I don't think I can keep from crashing." No sooner had she said that, the bioship crashed through a bunch of trees before stopping in a clearing.

"Ugh, is everyone alright?" Artemis rubbed her head.

"The sound waves finally stopped, which is good." Superboy noticed his hands were covered in drops of blood.

"Alright either someone knew we were coming or that was Luther's weapon. We'll split into two teams and see if we can find it." Kaldur carefully got out of his seat since the ship was at an angle. "Miss M can you link us up please?"

M'gann's eyes glowed white for a moment before she closed them in concentration. "Is everyone online?" After a chorus of yes, she continued," I sense a large group of people southeast of our position. There's a much smaller group just up ahead."

"How many people are in the smaller group?"

Miss Martian closed her eyes again,"There's about ten or eleven of them."

"Okay then, Miss M, you stay here until the bioship 's recovered, then see who needs the most help. K.F., you and Robin will take out the people up ahead and see if there's anything of importance. The rest of us are gonna head to the large group and see what we can find out." Everyone split up to do their parts of the mission.

Line Break

It didn't take long for Robin and Kid Flash to incapacitate the group of people they found. They were currently in a small building filled with computers and different weapons. Kid Flash picked up what looked like a vial of glowing red liquid."Hey Rob, did you notice that at each of the islands we've been to, everyone was wearing white?"

"Yeah, it's kinda weird. They were also super easy to fight. None of them had very good fighting skills." Robin sat at one of the computers and plugged a hard drive in. "This computer doesn't even have a password. Whoever these people are, they're really stupid. Even Solomon Grundy's smarter than them."

Wally broke down laughing," that's really sad. Wait until we tell the others. How much of this stuff do you think we can take back to Mt. Justice? This stuff seems pretty dangerous in the wrong hands." He grabbed another vial and started tossing it in the air.

Dick took the hard drive once it was finished copying all the files. Turning to his best friend, Dick rolled his eyes behind his domino mask before smirking," you mean people like you or Lex Luther."

Wally almost dropped the vial he was tossing." What do you mean me! It's definitely Lex Luther and any other evil supervillain we've encountered."

"Whatever, let's check on Miss M, then head to the other's location." Robin headed for the exit."

Kid flash started for the exit as well, but not before grabbing a few other small weapons and pocketing them." Souvenir."