³⁷

In the solitary mansion, that was so overly fancy for his tastes, there were multitudes of devices that could tell time, provide all sorts of entertainment; he had access to the internet, he had everything yet when he would search for anything that had to do with escaping, a big fat '405' would come up on the screen. 

Taehyung had learnt not to threaten the demons with his fists. Similar to a parent who’d realised that they no longer had the strength nor the leverage to enforce physical punishments onto their grown child, he’d learned that Jimin had long shed the skins of a small boy, and held the physique similar to that of, or even more chistled that Jungkooks.

And for Jungkook; did he even have to explain?? The guy's shoulder's were practically twice the width of his own. Along with that he stood a good half a foot taller than him, too.

One more thing that he's learnt is that-- the latter was right.

 “You'll regret it”

Yes, he did. He did regret going to see Jimin that day. Because maybe if he'd never accepted the latter's true form so naïvely, maybe if he hadn't trusted him he wouldn't be at this place in this particular moment of time, when he felt like breaking down.

Whilst Jungkook was now often gone out to erase any and all traces of demons on earth, and lower the possible chances of them getting caught, Taehyung now found himself trapped in a room with Jimin way too much of the time.

The demon would often try to spark up conversation, with Taehyung absoulutely refusing to speak.

But right now, he was at his breaking point.

“Why are you locking me up here?” The brunette simply asked the one of his two wards, his eyes dark and hollow, as if he was spiralling into insanity. But Jimin could see it.

The way in which Taehyung was desperately holding onto his sanity, terrified to let go, climbing up and up that familiar cliff of sanity only for it to crumble due to all this madness surrounding him.

“Because you don’t like me anymore.” Jimin paused, “I know; I knew the moment you called the very people that banished me and my brother back to our realm.”

Taehyung smiled bitterly at this.

However, he soon scowled, and stated. “I was found out easily, wasn't I??”

Such a calm look painted Taehyung’s face, it was as if… As if he’d already admitted to it. Jimin clenched his free hand into a fist. 

This realisation made the handsome young demon’s bland disinterested look distort into a hard expression; the hand hooked around Taehyung’s shoulder blades also squeezed tightly, powerfully, making the smaller man cry out in pain, squirming pathetically yet being unable to fight back.

When he was urged to eat the spread of fancy and undeniably delicious meals in front of him, each with abnormally large portions, he would scoff and turn his head.

He was malnourished. A malnourished bird of an exotic type caught in a golden cage owned by two demons whose only aim seemed to be his mental downfall.

And Taehyung had to admit, if his mental dissipiation was the demons' intentions, they were succeeding. This; being trapped in a mansion with nowhere to run yet being pampered so badly that he couldn't bear it- was a different type of torture that he never thought he would ever have to go through.

There indeed was a phase in his life dedicated solely to psychological thrillers, murder mysteries in which the victims would be put through all sorts of excruciating tormenting methods. At first, the would beg and beg for mercy. And then?? They would break. Either physically; dying. Or mentally; going insane.