Chapter Thirty Seven: Nandini/Manik

It's been almost 3 days since I got back home, I was feeling better. I was able to walk a little by myself without collapsing.

The first day I fell twice trying to walk to the bathroom and got told off by manik, now he tries to carry me everywhere even though I tell him not to. He's going to give me a bad habit.

Cabir would come at least 3-4 times a day to check up on me when he would be home, aarav and Dhruv would just come sit by me and talk to me for hours so I don't get bored, by talking I mean fighting with each other but it was so nice to have them by my side. Kiara also baked me healthy cookies and she was almost here all the time too. Nyra and ishaan visited yesterday but other than that nyra hasn't stopped calling me since these past 3 days.

Manik went to work for a few hours in the past three days but mostly he would be home taking care of me, making sure I was getting my medications on time and also my food.

Just like at the hospital the other day, manik still was behaving the same way. He would barely smile and only talk if I asked him something or if he wanted to tell me off about a certain thing I shouldn't be doing. Other than that he was silent, which was unlike of him and it got me worried as to why he was behaving like that. Was he mad at me? Was it because I forced him to go to the car that day and it caused all of this? I don't know what it was that was bothering him I even tried asking him a couple of times but he would just deny it by saying I'm over thinking or I should get rest. I'm so tired of resting and it's only been 3 days.

Manik's silence was concerning me and also killing me.

"Nandini look what we got" Dhruv and aarav knock and come in to my room. They were holding a box.

"What is it?" I ask

"It's ludo, we thought you might want to play with us since you're bored" they come and sit next to me on the bed opening the ludo box.

I smile "thank you I love board games"

"Really? I heard that you used to cheat" Dhruv tells me.

My eyes widen "w-what that's not true" I try to deny it.

"Yeah yeah, you and I both know it is" Dhruv laughs, wait what? How did he know? Did manik tell him? Ughhh

"Who told you?" I ask him, aarav helps him set up the ludo game.

"He's been talking to Nyra a lot lately, maybe she told him" aarav tells me.

I raise my eyebrows at Dhruv "I see, so you're talking to my sister huh?"

"Why are you looking at me like that? It's not whatever you're thinking"

"But I didn't say anything or think anything" I shrug my shoulders as aarav laughs.

"You're not as smart as Nandini" aarav mocks Dhruv as dhruv proceeds to punch him on his arm.

"Stop fighting you both" I tell them off but they keep hitting each other, and Dhruv is what supposed to be an adult now? Look at him fighting a teenager like he is one.

I shake my head at them smiling.

"Enough of you both!" I hear Manik's angry voice, as I startle. The smile on all of our faces disappear as manik walks in angrily, he looked like he was really angry. What was up?

"Can you guys not fucking see that Nandini still hasn't recovered, and you both are okay fighting around her what if she gets hurt?" Manik tells them off, I look at him shocked and then at Dhruv and aarav who were confused as well.

"We wouldn't hurt her" aarav says with a sad face. I felt so bad, what is up with manik being so angry and distant these days?

"Yeah? How do you know that when you guys are so careless around her, what if your little play fight accidentally hits her then what?!" Manik got more angry.