Chapter Three: Manik

"You really think marrying is a good idea?" Ahaan asks me, he was one of the guys who worked with us and he was like a family member too.

"It's—"

"Don't say it's a logical choice manik" he muttered "I want to know if you really think you can be with a woman like that. You're messed up manik, not in the way Cabir is but you are pretty fucking messed up. Even I'm messed up which almost cost me kiara and it's still fucking difficult to make this relationship work because I keep doing or saying things that unsettle her. And let's me real manik, tumare comparison mein I am the definition of normalcy." He pauses for a second taking a breather, god he is really out here giving me lectures on women, no wonder why he's married.

"....And women aren't like us, they want their fucking Prince Charming. They want roses and their emotional bullshit, they want declaration of love. That's not something you will give your future wife. And to be honest, the girl who marries you will probably kill herself within weeks of the marriage bevause have you seen your crazy brothers? And even you—you can't even express any emotions for the sake of your life"

"Okay what the fuck is wrong with you ahaan, tumne shaadi Kya karli all you talk is crap. And from what I know arranged marriages aren't based on emotions, the women will know what's expected from this which is only business—she's just a chess piece in this. I assure you I will prevent her from ending her life if her survival means peace" I take a long sip from my beer bottle after I respond to Ahaan.

"Damn you are one emotionless bastard" he shakes his head at me. "Sometimes I think even Cabir is better than you"

I roll my eyes "you sound like your wife man, get a hold of your self"

"Whatever dude, are you going today to her house?" He asks me

"Yes he is" Cabir enters the room "infact now if your girly talks are over"

"Just the one person we needed for the talks to have a positive aspect" ahaan says sarcastically seeing cabir.

"Maybe you should keep your thoughts to yourself ahaan, most of the shit coming out of your mouth isn't going to set anyone at ease." Cabir sighed touching his temple.

"I'll keep my heads up" ahaan mocks him and leaves from there,

I take a deep breath and look at Cabir "did you talk to ishaan?" I ask

"Yeah all sorted, the wedding is in two days" Cabir grabs a beer bottle out of the fridge for himself.

"I'm coming too" Aarav comes in the room.

"Yeah right, it's not some kids party over there Aarav" Cabir rolls his eyes.

"I'm not a kid, I'm just trying to see who manik is marrying" he says excitedly, although he was 14 years old no one could tell he was. Cabir has trained him in everything, he even knows how to fire a gun we just mock him all the time to get a rise out of him.

"You can see at the wedding" Cabir says looking away from him "let's go manik we are getting late"

I nod and get up from the sofa.

We take our car and head over to ishaans house, the moment we got there we saw mr saxena and his wife along with ishaan standing outside their luxurious mansion.

"I think we are a bit underdressed" I look at Cabir who laughs seeing the Saxena's. Mr saxena and ishaan were dolled up in proper suits as if the wedding was today while me and Cabir came in shirt and jeans.

We step outside our car as Mr saxena and his wife almost run towards us to greet us. Someone is definitely desperate for their protection.

I shook hands with Mr Saxena, and he squeezed it harder than necessary—oh man if he tried that with Cabir he would understand why everyone in the town feared him. "We are honoured to give you Nandini in marriage" he says and releases my hand "please call me Ajit, and this is my wife Aanchal"