Chapter Fourteen: Nandini

Tonight was the charity gala and I was so nervous, I've never been to one. Kiara had told me there's nothing to be nervous about, it's not that big of a deal but still I was scared something might go wrong.

I put on my dress that I had brought when I had gone with kiara, the same red silk gown—it was beautiful I won't lie and the colour really did look good on me, I was afraid it might not suit me but it did. I did a light touch of makeup with red lipstick, mainly putting all the focus on my dress. I left my hair at soft curls, honestly I never liked dressing up but today i felt like dressing up for the first time and it felt good.

I was finally ready as I stood up from the dressing table putting all my stuff away, and then I took my phone and quickly took a photo and sending it to kiara since she told me to send a photo as soon as I'm ready.

Me- did I do good?

I send the photo asking if I did a good job in dressing up because she was the most excited about it.

Kiara- oh my god! Girl you're looking absolutely gorgeous!

I instantly smile at her text, she was literally the sweetest person.

Me- thank you! I will see you in some time!

I put a smiley at the end and send it through, and the smile on my face hadn't wiped away yet as I hear manik entering in the room, I'm guessing he was coming back from work.

I look up at him and as soon As he saw me he stopped looking at me from head to toe like what did he just see. Did I look weird? He just stared me for a bit as if he was memorising my look, like every detail, every bit. I felt a little tingly feeling again that my heart did the other day with him.

"Tum ese Kyu dekh rahe ho?" I ask him.

He blinks twice and looks at me as if he was jumping back in the reality "why were you smiling at your phone?" He throws a question back.

"I asked you a question first" I ignore it as I turn off my phone.

He rolls his eyes at me "fine whatever, I was just looking at you like that because—you look beautiful, the dress and red looks perfect on you"

And that feeling is back again. "Thank you" I give him a polite smile.

"Yeah actually thank me, I was the one who suggested you to buy a red dress and see how good it looks on you"

So full of himself. Like always.

I shake my head "stop taking all the credit, kiara helped me as well"

"Why were you smiling at your phone though?" He asks again.

"I sent a photo to kiara of myself, asking how for her opinion" I tell him.

"Oh. Well I give good opinions too, so you can ask me next time..." he pauses for a second "if you want"

Why does he always have to add if you want and ruin the whole meaning behind it.

"Anyways I'll get ready, gimme 20 minutes" he says and leaves to the bathroom as I nod.

After about 20 minutes he comes out wearing his black tuxedo. A tuxedo can never go wrong and manik looked handsome.

We head downstairs as Cabir, aarav, and Dhruv were waiting for us. Cabir was wearing a black printed suit, Dhruv donned a maroon one while aarav opted for a dark blue one. I think the Malhotra brothers only wore Armani suits.

"Nandini you look amazing!" Aarav compliments me as he sees me.

"Yeah, nandini seriously—I think you'll be the center of attention today" Dhruv adds