Chapter Thirty Six: Manik/Nandini

My heart broke in to million pieces seeing Nandini in my arms, lifeless.

My mother had the gun pointed at her when we arrived but Cabir prevented her from shooting Nandini but she pulled the trigger, as the bullet hit Nandini's arm, she was already unconscious. She was so hurt, the bruises all over her body, especially her face, her lips, she was beaten up badly. And this was all my fault I let this happen.

Dhruv helped me free Nandini from the chair as she fell in to my arms, she was so unconscious to the point that the rope was the only support holding her up.

"Manik!" Ahaan tries to grab my attention "Nandini needs to be taken the hospital right now!"

My eyes just stayed on Nandini as I held her close to me. I couldn't think of anything else but the fact that she was in this state.

"Manik! Are you listening?!" Ahaan shouts again.

I finally look up at him.

"Take Nandini to the hospital right now!" He tells me again.

I look over to Cabir who was near our mother, our guards had captured the three of them and the others who were outside were already killed by our men. Aarav stood with Cabir.

Nandini's asshole uncle tried to fight us when we came, but I punched him down so he has passed out.

"I'll come with you" Ahaan tells me.

"Go! I'll handle everything back here" Cabir tells me, I carry Nandini in my arms and quickly run out from that abandoned place.

Ahaan opens the door for me and as I lay Nandini in my lap in the back seat, she wasn't opening her eyes at all, my hand went to her pulse rate which was dropping.

"Fuck" I mutter "Ahaan drive faster, her pulse rate is dropping!"

Ahaan looks at Nandini from the rear view mirror and speeds up the car.

We reach the hospital which was far away but ahaan was really good at driving and he knew his roads very well so he speeded up took shortcuts.

I held Nandini in my arms and quickly ran inside the hospital.

"Get me a doctor now!" I shout.

The whole hospital stops to look at me and the doctors came rushing to me.

"Mr Malhotra" they say and then look at my wife in my hands "uh we need to get her to the ICU immediately, looks like there has been too much bleeding"

I nod as the nurses bring the stretcher over and I lay Nandini on it.

"Please wait outside" the doctor tells me, as they take her inside.

"Don't let anything happen to her"

My heart was racing. My Nandini got hurt because of me, because I failed to protect her. Her condition breaks my heart.

"Manik she'll be okay" ahaan consoles me putting his hand on my shoulder as I look at him.

I nod "she has to be"

———

Around an hour passed and cabir, Dhruv, aarav, ishaan, kiara and Nyra showed up at the hospital.

"How's Nandini?" Cabir asks me

"The doctors are treating her"

"Is Nandini di going to be fine?" Nyra had tears in her eyes

"She will be don't worry nyra" ishaan consoles her.

"Where's your mother and Nandini's uncle and aunty?" Ahaan asks Cabir, the only thought in my mind was Nandini. Nothing else seemed to come to my mind now.