Chapter Nine: Manik

Nandini's expressions changed, it's like she was relieved to see me at one point but then as soon as she saw everyone behind she suddenly went uncomfortable. She took a step back fiddling with her hands, I could see they were shaking and that's why she was trying to calm herself.

I looked behind me but it was only a few of my staff members, her uncle ajit, her cousin brother ishaan and her distant vijay uncle. Who was she scared from? And is one or of them responsible for her scared and uncomfortable behaviour.

"Hi Nandini! Good to see you here, kaisi hai tu?" Ishaan greets her.

She looks at him giving him a smile "I-I'm fine, how are you and uhm everyone else?" She whispers and I doubt ishaan heard all of it. She barely could get her voice out.

Before ishaan could speak anything further I speak.

"Everyone out now the meeting is over." my jaw clenches, as I tilt my head back towards a little keeping my eyes on Nandini, studying heer.

"We have to sign these papers now"

"Did you not hear what I said? Out now!" I reply to Nandini's uncle while keeping my eyes still on her, this papers were to sign our alliance and that my company will serve them security.

"You are going against your words manik Malhotra" He walks so he can be in front of me, he eyes Cabir and then me angrily. I knew Cabir was confused as to what was happening but he never questioned me.

"All I said was to leave right now, I never implied that I'm not signing the papers or this deal isn't happening" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"But this was supposed to happen today!" Vijay speaks, more like shouts as he comes near my face.

"You shouting won't make this happen right now it'll only make me possibly change my mind so step back" I look at him, one of my guards who was there comes and puts his hand between us but I ensure him it's not needed.

"But why are you cancelling it all of the sudden?" Ishaan speaks, my eyes fall on Nandini again who seemed like she didn't know what to do and it felt like her panic was taking over her. What is it that scares her so much?

"I need to add a few things of mine, once I do that we can review it again—I'll have it done by today" I tell him, because I actually did need to make few changes in the contract, and those were related to Nandini.

"What?! But why all of the sudden?! We just went through the contract tab toh sab Sahi tha" ajit speaks.

"I don't think I need to tell you why I'm changing it this is my company and don't forget you guys are in need for our security..." I pause for a bit "The final copy will be given tomorrow morning, you may leave"

"But—"

"You heard my brother, you guys can leave now before I change my mind as well and once I do it there will be no deal!" Cabir speaks this time.

None of them say anything to him, they feared Cabir which was valid because cabirs anger could destroy anything. Both Nandini's uncle looked at me like they would do anything to kill me right now, they were badly in need for protection from my security and I know delaying it further could put them in risk.

My staff members leave first as both Nandini's uncles follow, ishaan goes to say bye to Nandini "take care" he tells her giving her a warm smile as he leaves from there as well. Only me, Nandini, Dhruv, Cabir and Ahaan were in this floor now.

Nandini's uncles did not even acknowledge her presence nor asked her how she's doing only ishaan did. Cabir was right they all selfish and they only care about their deal and their safety, they knew how us brothers were and our business and perhaps Nandini could be unsafe but not once they asked her.