Chapter Tweleve: Manik

I woke up with a heavy heavy headache, possibly the worst headache I've ever head. My head was spinning like crazy too.

I get up from the bed and looked at the time on my watch. It was 8:30 and fuck i was late, I've never woken up this late. I know I had a little too much to drink yesterday but it never effects me this much to the point I barely could remember what happened last night.

I freshen up and go downstairs where I find my aarav and Dhruv in the main room eating their breakfast, they had pizza in their hand which meant Nandini hadn't made breakfast for us today.

As soon as Dhruv and aarav notice me they put their plates down "manik are you okay? You've never woken up this late" aarav asks as both of them walk up to me.

"Yeah manik are you sick or something? You do look sick" dhruv adds in.

"I don't know, I'm fine though" I tell them truthfully.

"Well if you say so, there's more pizza in the kitchen"  Dhruv tells me as I nod and make my way to the kitchen.

As soon as I enter the kitchen I saw Nandini standing near the counter pouring juice in the glass, the first thing I notice is her hand and it had a bandage around it. She was injured, what happened to her hand?.

"Nandini" I speak, she flinched getting scared and dropping some juice on the counter on hearing my voice. She turned around and looked at me gulping, it was almost like she was frightened seeing me, I couldn't read emotions but somehow hers I could and her eyes looked like she was sleepy and upset.

She looks at me for a brief moment but then turns away grabbing a tissue and cleaning the mess she had made.

"what happened to your hand?" I ask her as I move closer to her but not so close that I make her jump again.

She looks at me like I was mocking her by asking this question, she took a deep breath and then turned around focusing on what she was doing totally ignoring what I was asking her.

What the fuck—am I non existent to her or something?

"Nandini I am asking you—what happened to your hand" I repeat again sternly.

Ignored again. Okay this is getting me angry.

"Nandini" my hand reaches out to grab her but she turns around noticing that and moves back quickly shielding herself from me. Fuck I shouldn't have done that knowing her fear is too strong. I look at her as she had clear fear in her eyes, I take a step back upon seeing her reaction.

"Relax. I wasn't going to hurt you, I just need to know what happened to your hand" I calm myself down.

"Don't worry manik" she looks up at me.

Worrying? The hell im not. "I am not worrying. its just if someone hurt you—"

"No one did, it was my fault" she cuts me offand before I could say anything Cabir calls him out "manik you're awake" 

I turn around and Cabir was standing behind me, his eyes first went to Nandini and then looked at me.

"I had a late night yesterday, which is why I couldn't make it to the todays training" was my way of apologising to him, I didn't want to tell Cabir what happened and who I met last night.

"Really" He crosses his arms "and why is that? Were you working?"

Fuck. I never lied to Cabir and I don't want to now but I know he'll be pissed hearing I was at a bar drinking and that's when I met our mother there. Cabir has hated the habit of drinking everyday which I've been doing from past a year and no one knows about it and Cabir hasn't ever got a doubt about it but from past weeks he has been.