Chapter Four: Nandini

Oh my god it's the guy I punched, no way! This can't be it, I thought I don't know he would some member that ishaan knew. But wait—there's another guy with him, maybe that's manik not the guy I punched but oh god that's even worse! What if that's his brother or capo or I don't know!

I was getting way too anxious that I didn't even move  an inch from the spot and I was just staring at the floor thinking so many things that could go wrong right now.

"Come here Nandini" my uncle speaks, but I didn't want to move an inch. I don't want to this, I don't want to get married.

My uncle smiles awkwardly trying not to shout in front of them "come on, Nandini greet your future husband and brother-in-law"

Two seconds pass before I pull myself away from the doorway and walked towards them, my heart was racing badly. Everyone's eyes were on me which made me nervous as hell.

I stop beside my uncle still not looking their way. "This is Cabir Malhotra, your future brother-in-law and your capo from now" uncle speaks up pointing as I look up to him, it wasn't the guy I punched. Oh thank god. "And this is Manik Malhotra, your future husband"

I force a smile looking up at them "it's nice to meet you" my eyes dart from manik to Cabir as Cabir gave me a smile.

"The pleasure is mine" manik replies to me moving a little forward as I instinctively flinch—I didn't mean to but it came to me naturally and I could see that manik and Cabir looked at each other wondering what was long.

My uncle cleared his throat uncomfortably as he moved a little back.

"I would like to have some alone time with her to get to know her" manik says eyeing me, oh no why does he want to talk to me alone?

"Well" uncle says fitting his eyes between Cabir and manik then looks at me as I lower my gaze "I'm not sure if that's—"

Cabir flashes my uncle a twisted smile "they are getting married in two days. Then she will come to our house with us but you are worried about her being alone with my brother for a couple of minutes?" He spoke with a bitter tone.

I swallowed hard adjusting my shoulders as it was starting to get hot in here.

"This is for peace, don't forget that" uncle grits his teeth aiming on cabirs tone for him.

Before Cabir could speak further manik speaks up, because Cabir looked like he was on a verge to fight "You shouldn't forget that too, I'm going to be her husband so you don't need to worry about that right now"

"Dad it's okay, we will wait downstairs for dinner while they talk" ishaan speaks up.

"Okay" uncle agrees, dammit. I wish there was a way out of this? I think about it—nyra gave me an idea about how I should make manik realise how I'm the worst possible person he can marry and maybe then he would want to be out of this but is that a good idea? I mean I've already punched him some more damage won't matter right?

"Is that okay Nandini?" Ishaan gives me a genuine smile asking me

"Whatever you and Mr Malhotra say" I say referring to Cabir and ishaan.

"We will be waiting downstairs" uncle says as they start heading towards the door.

Cabir and manik swap a look before he makes his way towards me, I quickly look down as I see him giving me a sharp look "Never call me Mr Malhotra again. That was my father and im nothing like him, I would've killed him if I had the chance. You can call me Cabir, just Cabir"

Wow that's a lot of information he just declared in that two sentences, so he hates his father? I wonder why.

As he stalked past me I shied away from him so his arms don't brush mine, I'm sure manik would've noticed my scared look. Cabir threw the door shut as I jumped hearing the noise.