Chapter Thirty One: Manik

I turned around looking over to Nandini's side, she had slept already. I don't care what her reasons her but  she was wrong here, supporting aarav is his bad decisions isnt protecting him.

My mother wants him so she wouldn't harm him but she can manipulate aarav and he's young right now he doesn't know how our mother is I don't want him thinking in any way that she can think good for him ever because she's can't.

The next morning I woke up at my usual time, I look to the other side of the bed and Nandini wasn't there. She usually never wakes up this early, I wonder where she is. I quickly get off from the bed, heading towards the bathroom to check if she's in there and the door opens as soon as I was about to knock.

Nandini startles seeing me in front of her like that. Her hair was dripping wet on her shoulders, god she smelled amazing as usual.

"Why are you sneaking up on me?" She asks

"Why are you up so early?" I throw a question back at her as she rolls her eyes.

"I asked first" she replies, as she goes to the mirror drying her hair with her towel. She was still limping which meant her foot wasn't properly fine yet.

"Your question is stupid, I can walk around anywhere in my own room"

"Then I can wake up anytime I like" she shrugs her shoulders looking at me through the mirror.

Nandini was trying to look angry but honestly she was just looking cute, I don't think she realises that she can't pull off the whole angry look.

"But you don't wake up at this time" I add just being curious as to why she's up early.

"Yeah I have exams next week, I have to study" she tells me.

"You never told me?" I furrow my eyebrows I'm mean I'm sure she knew from before that she had her exams coming. At least I would've tried helping her.

"I probably forgot, I have so much on my mind right now" she tells me as she grabs some moisturiser rubbing some on her face.

"Oh right like keeping things from others—especially your husband"

I don't know why I was acting like that but a part of me loved annoying hee even though we were  mad at each other of course I wasn't going to hate on her I know eventually if I'm wrong I'll realise or she's wrong she will but I think still stand correct on my point she shouldn't have hid from me especially when it's about our mother.

She turns around as soon as I said that putting away what she was doing. She pressed her lips together letting out a sigh.

"There you go again, picking up a fight" she shakes her head.

"You give me reasons"

"You give me more reasons which I try to ignore like a sorted person" she defends

"You're trying to say I'm not a sorted person?"

"Manik you're so annoying" she scrunches her face in frustration turning around quickly but at that moment she probably forgot about her injury and ends up losing balance but I quickly rush to her before she falls causing more problems to her injured ankle.

"Relax baby, your ankle is still sprained" I say helping her to the couch as she twisted her leg in the process probably causing pain to her already sprained ankle. At that moment I felt all my anger vanish seeing her in pain.

"I'm fine" she says angrily.

"Shut up" I reply instantly looking up at her, and the anger was back—she wants to act tough her as well "Your ankle is still swollen, you have to take care of it or it'll get worse. Aren't you studying to be physiotherapist" I raise my eyebrows.