Chapter Fourty: Manik

"You guys don't have much time to make a decision—24 hours." my mother speaks making me jump out of my thoughts.

"I'm not going to let you hurt Nandini this time." I warn her.

"And neither am I letting you out of here, over my dead body you are going to get free" Cabir eyes sharpen.

"You guys are making a mistake, your poor Nandini will have to face the worse and you know I won't hold back. Do not underestimate me." my mother has that evil smile on her face.

"You're so lucky that I want to make your pay for everything you've done before we will kill you otherwise I would've shot you dead right here right now" Cabir threatens her

"Listen to me very carefully, because I won't repeat myself" I look at my mother "Do not bring Nandini in this. She is my wife, and she has nothing to do with all this. If you want to make us the target go for it. If anything happens to her you will see worse than hell"

She laughs "were you always such a fool manik or did this love bullshit get to you?"

"Stay locked in here and think about what I'm saying to you, fuck up one more time and there will be pure chaos for you"

I storm out of there as ahaan and Cabir follow me out shutting the door with a bang from behind.

By heart was racing because I was in rage, proper rage that I could literally feel my blood boiling.

"Relax manik, we will get to the bottom of this" ahaan tries to calm me down.

"I don't want to risk it she could be bluffing, I'm not letting her go this time" Cabir says.

"I don't give a shit about her. My priority is Nandini. Find me a solution Cabir" I look at Cabir

Cabir nods "ahaan get our special unit team on this, ask them to find who this woman has interacted with in the past 6 months, check the pattern and track all her activities from where she goes to where she buys her shit to what restaurants she's been to"

"On it" ahaan quickly leaves from here.

Me and Cabir head out from there back to our offices, my mind kept going back to Nandini.

I kept pacing back and forth on our floor where our offices where, and Cabir made some calls to find out who my mother could've possibly be working with. If this goes out it'll hurt Nandini to another level, she has hid this from her sister for a reason and if everyone finds out so will her sister.

———

Around 2 and half hours passed but there was nothing significant that we found to help us find out. Ahaan also hadn't came back yet with any good news.

My phone started ringing as I was sitting with Cabir inside his office.

I took it out of my pocket and it was Nandini. Shit. She must be asking where I am.

"Hi Nandini" I look at Cabir as i answer the phone and I saw his expressions have a little worry on it.

"Hi manik, are you still in office? It's been a couple of hours that's why" she shows concern, knew it.

"Yes I'm still here, just stuck with work" I say with long pauses.

"You seem tensed, is everything okay?" She catches on, damn she's starting to get my power of finding things out.

"Everything's okay. Did you eat?" I ask.

I just know she's smiling right now, won't ever let that wipe off your face Nandini.

"Yes I did. Did you?"

"No, I'll come home and eat." I tell her, I would be lying if I said I'm not scared as to what might happen if Nandini finds out that this all has been going on.