Chapter one: Manik

"You do remember what he told me right? They will kill me the minute I set a foot in their territory: I won't even get a chance to talk, honestly I don't blame him but fuck this all isn't even my fault" Ishaan speaks as he puts his gun on the table.

"Yeah well your father should've thought about it before shooting his goddamn wife" Cabir speaks as he lights up his cigar.

Ishaan had come to ask for help since his father went and shot the enemy gang leaders wife, while she was pregnant and she probably lost her child too. Technically they are supposed to be after ishaan's father but since ishaan is the capo they are going after him. As they two parties should work together against a common enemy.

"I don't know why your father felt the fucking need to go there and shoot their capo's wife? Honestly what did he gain from that. This just started a potential gang war" I move over to them sitting beside my brother.

"That's why I'm here, my wife is about to give birth I don't want to risk her life or mine with hers because she needs me—"

"Cut the emotional bullshit and get to the point" I cut him off, I had no interest listening to him and his wife's love story. I take a sip of the whiskey from my glass, waiting for him to continue.

He grits his teeth in anger looking towards me "I know we haven't always been on good notes, but I want us to call it truce—I want us to alliance together so we can be stronger against them"

Yup I knew it, he didn't come here to discuss this shit he was going through, he wanted a favour from us and of course he wanted to join hands with us so his bloody members stay safe because no one would dare to go against us.

"You want us to call it truce and join hands with you guys?" Cabir raises his eyebrows

"Yes"

"What the hell is he talking about?!" Dhruv interrupts walking through the door. Dhruv was younger than me but he was so involved in this and we let him, I've been involved with all this since I was 15 and Dhruv was 19 I wanted him to know how to protect himself and how all this works. We have grown up in this house since I can remember, Cabir did everything he could to raise us 3 brothers and then once I was mature enough I helped him, it was just us 4 brothers. This huge house had no one else, but us 4 brothers and a few male servants who also worked for the gang.

"We are not fucking calling truce with them!" Dhruv rages through.

"I think this is an adult conversation, go study kid" ishaan rolls his eyes.

"Watch your mouth when you talk to me, this is my house!" Dhruv's hand goes behind his back pocket reaching for the gun.

Cabir doesn't notice as he is sitting in front of him but I do, Dhruv had anger issues and he was so fast to get angry.

"Yeah well I don't need little kids trying to decide what the right and wrong is" ishaan stands up levelling up to Dhruv.

Dhruv takes out the gun from his pocket in instance pointing it towards ishaan, who doesn't flinch at all but this makes Cabir stand up in anger.

"Okay that's enough you both! Dhruv put the fucking gun down now!" Cabir walks a little closer to them.

"No! Who does he think he is to come here and say that we call it truce when years ago, they tried killing Aarav who was only 8 years old! And just because the so called capo and his wife are in danger we are supposed to forget how many times they tried fucking us over? I don't think so!" Dhruv puts out his reasons, which were understandable. He was very close to aarav more than me and Cabir even.

"Dhruv I said put the gun down now!" Cabir shouts as Dhruv finally puts the gun down.

"I get it okay, what my father did years ago was wrong! But you can't blame me for what he did—I'm out here trying to protect my wife and my child" ishaan speaks as he calms down too.