Chapter Fourty Two: Nandini

As Cabir said, he held the press conference today—at their company.

Manik kept asking me if I was hundred percent sure, he was right in his place he was probably just worried about me facing all this.

It was around 7 in the morning and Cabir said we should be there by 9am.

I had already showered, I wasn't going to lie I didn't sleep at all at night—all I could think about was today.

Manik came out of the shower as he finished his workout today. He came out wearing his shirt and pants with it.

"Good morning" I say smiling at him.

He stops midway hearing my voice and then looks at me "Did you take your before meal medicines?"

"That's not the correct response to good morning" I ignore his question.

"Also not the correct response to my question" manik replies back at me. This guy is next level stubborn.

I roll my eyes "I haven't yet."

"And why is that?" He asks me as he puts his phone in charging and then fixes some of his files.

"I thought you'd give them to me" I say, he shakes his head and comes over to me taking out medicines from the box which was kept beside me.

How long will he be mad for? I had to be patient with him but.

"Manik do you think I'm doing the right thing?" I ask him regarding the press conference today.

He looks at me for a brief moment like he was worried but also relieved at the same time, I feel like I've mastered on reading his emotions even though it's the hardest thing because you never know what's going on with him.

"Yes" he has a firm tone. "But if at any point you think that you don't want to, there's no pressure."

He knew how uncomfortable I was talking about all this, let all to nyra but this time I'll be addressing it publicly of course he'd be worried.

"I want to speak to nyra before I do so" I tell him.

"She wants to talk to you too" he replies "if you want I can bring her here right now before we go?"

"Yes" I give him a smile, he hands my medicine and I drink it.

Manik then leaves to do what he said, he will bring nyra. I was scared to tell her, I always kept her away from this because she was very young, but she's 18 now I think she can handle this and I don't have much of a choice, after my mother passed away and when that incident happened nyra knew something was wrong even though she was young she could understand, Nyra always had anger issues against our uncle aunty growing up she was always quick to answer back, if I told her then she would go crazy. I never wanted to put her life in danger

During that 30 minutes that manik went out to bring nyra home, I had my breakfast with kiara, Dhruv and aarav. Ahaan and Cabir went to the company early in the morning, after breakfast they also left to get ready.

I was sitting on the bed as I heard footsteps coming this way, it's probably nyra and manik.

The door opened and Nyra came running towards me and she the first thing she did was hug me. I hug her back with my one arm, manik stood there as watched us hug.

"Di i-uhm" she didn't know what to say.

"I know what you have in mind right now, it's all true nyra" I tell her. "Whatever you heard is true but I didn't want you finding out this way"

She looks at me blank as her eyes got teary.

"W-what?"

My poor baby, she probably has no idea how cruel this world is.