Part 23

"No magic" Ryan states, and I nod my head.

"No magic" I confirmed, and he nods his head. We both stand opposite each other in the middle of the training area, everyone was standing around us, watching intently. I kept my eyes on my opponent, watching the way his body moved, watching the way his weight shifted throughout his bod, I knew he was going to hold back, especially with Nate standing there watching. I watched as he made a step towards me and swung his fist, purposely I let his fist collide with my face which made me groan out in pain, feeling myself stumble to the side. A loud growl erupts in the air, and I look over at Nate as he was walking towards me, concern and anger in his eyes. I shake my head at him, he stops, his eyes glued to mine. I spit out the blood in my mouth and stand up straight looking at Ryan.

"You were holding back" I state, and he looks at me with a smirk.

"I still got you" he states which caused me to smirk this time.

"Because I let you. I knew you would hold back. I do not want you to hold back. I want you to give me everything you have. You will hurt me, but I will heal, faster than you" I stated, and he looks at me curiously.

"If I don't hold back, I will be punished" he stated, and I look towards Nate.

"No punishment" I demand. I watch as Nate takes a deep breath, seeing the pain in his eyes. He looks at Ryan before he speaks.

"You will not be punished for obeying your Luna" Nate states and I could see the regret in his eyes. Before I even have a chance to look back at Ryan, I felt him come for me, but this time, I duck under his arm, stepping behind him I spin around, kneeing him under the arse cheek which causes him to trip over my foot and fall to the ground. Everyone laughs as he groans in pain, a smirk on my face I watch him carefully, watching his every move.

"What was that about strength?" I ask him and he gets up, glaring at me, I did just make a fool of him. I watched as he came for me again, this time his fist aiming for my ribs, quickly I block the attach, feeling the pain in my arms as his fist hit. My arms stayed up, defending my body as Ryan kept throwing punches. He was putting his entire strength into it, which meant he would tire out faster than I would. I kept defending his attacks, watching the way his body weight shifted with each punch, looking for weak spots in his attack. My arms were sore, as soon as they healed, they were hit again, my entire body using all my strength to block his attacks, a couple had gotten through which caused me to groan out I pain, which caused him to get lazier and weaker, he was getting tired. I could hear everyone cheering for him, but I could hear Bec cheering for me, I was doing this for her, showing her its not all about strength. Ryan's stamina was down fifty percent, and we both knew it. As he went to throw another punch, I stepped under his arm, landing a punch in his ribs which caused him to groan out in pain, in that weakness I took my moment and went on the offensive. Throwing punch after punch, hitting him in a different spot each time, he was too tired to defend most of my attacks. I looked at Ryan, seeing something in his eyes and I sensed someone come up behind me. Without even thinking I moved my hand behind me, my magic hitting the person behind me, causing him to fly back, hearing him hit the ground and laughter erupting around us. My hands moved in front of me, my purple magic swirling around my fingers.

"We agreed, no magic" Ryan says annoyed.

"Maybe so, but I didn't agree to fight against two" I state and use my magic to make Ryan fly across the training grounds. I make my way towards him smirking.

"besides, don't you tell them to use all their strength?" I question as Ryan stands up and looks at me annoyed.

"yes strength, not magic" he states, and I smirk again.

"Ahhhh, but magic is my strength.... And for the record, I was beating you without my magic. I only used my magic once you cheated" I say with a raised eyebrow, and I turn to look at the teenagers.

"Strength doesn't just mean strength. Yes, my strength is my magic, but my strength is also my defence and my stamina. It isn't always best to give it everything you have, because when you do, like Ryan, you will tire out a lot quicker than someone who is holding back" I look at Bec "you do not have your strength, but one advantage you have, your size. Look at how easy it was for me to dodge and duck under Ryan because of our size difference. He had the strength, and I have to say he is stronger than a lot I trained against" I explained and looked over at Ryan with a smile, he smiled back at me, I turn to look back at the group "but strength isn't everything, its not your only advantage" I explained.

"She is right, strength isn't everything and you don't need to be the strongest to beat your opponent" Nate says as he steps beside me, feeling his hand take mine I look at him with a small smile, seeing pride in his eyes, mixed with sorrow and then it all came back to me, the reason I was out here to begin with. I pull my hand from Nate's as I turn around and walk away from the training grounds, I could feel Nate following behind me, but I didn't want to stop, not yet.

I kept walking into the forest, I didn't want to confront Nate yet, I was not sure what to say.

"Ame, please stop and talk to me" I hear the pain in Nate's voice which causes me to stop, I slowly turn around to face Nate, my eyes meeting his.

"and say what Nate?" I asked him, I could see the pain on his face, and I didn't like it.

"You ran" he states as he closes the distance between us.

"Ran from them, from the look of pity on their faces, not from this pack, not from you" I explain, and I see the relief in Nate's eyes. I feel Nate's hand on my neck, and he pulls me in for a kiss, feeling his lips take mine forcefully, passionately. I grab onto his waist and kiss him back in the same manner, feeling my need for him grow inside me. Nate breaks the kiss and looks into my eyes.

"I have to ask" Nate says, and I take a deep breath.

"Then ask" I whisper.

"Is it true?" He asks softly. I wish I could say no, but I couldn't, and I wouldn't lie to Nate.

"Yes" as the word left my lips I felt his lips on mine, this time he kissed me gently, softly, his arms wrapping around me and holding me tightly.

"I am so sorry" he says softly after breaking the kiss.

"Please, I can't stand the pity" I state "I don't want to be looked at differently, treated differently" I add, and Nate nods his head in understanding.

"I can only promise that I will try my hardest" Nate answers before he kisses my lips softly. Breaking the kiss, I look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"what?" He asks curiously.

"You really thought I was running away from you?" I ask playfully and he smirks before his face turns serious.

"I was scared that you would" Nate states and I lean in and kiss his lips passionately.

"take me home" I mumble against his lips.

"with pleasure" he answered.