Part 10

After we had ordered some dinner we sat down at a large booth, the couples sitting next to each other happily, Nate sat next to me, but I avoided making eye contact with him, I didn't like the way I lost control of my emotions when he looked into my eyes, I felt too naked when he did that. Though his scent was intoxicating, and at times I caught myself leaning closer to him, wanting to touch him.

"They are playing all the good songs tonight" Zel says with a smile.

"Oh my god, they are, aren't they" Jas says, and the two girls start singing along. I had no idea what the song was, I had never heard it before.

"Do you know any of these songs?" Willow asks me, I look up at her and shake my head, I recognized one from when I was younger, but that was it.

"No, I didn't get the luxury of music" I admit and then I smile as I remembered one song.

"Though I have heard one song a few times, I think it's called Flowers by..."

"Miley Cyrus" Jas finished; I nod my head.

"How did you hear that song?" Zel asks me curiously, the guys stayed out of the conversation, but they were listening, looking between them, probably having their own conversation in their heads.

"Oh a few weeks ago, I was hitchhiking, a truck driver picked me up. I was on the road with him for three days, he was on his way home to his family" I smile as I think about the man, feeling Nate tense beside me.

"The first day I was very quiet, cautious of him at first. He asked me what I wanted to listen to, but of course I didn't know, he put that song on and told me how obsessed his teenage daughter was with that song. Said that was one thing he didn't miss while on the road. He played it a few times over the few days we were together." I say happily.

"He sounds nice" Zel adds, and I nod my head.

"He reminded me of my father, when we went to go our separate ways, he gave me a bag, told me to wait until after he was gone to open it. I was worried. He had packed me fresh clothes, some tins of food and snacks and an envelope, in it was about three-hundred dollars, I was so thankful for him" I add, and the girls smile at me.

"So that is pretty much the only song I know, besides that we drove in silence" I laugh and take a sip of my drink.

"Well, I am glad you had someone to help you" Willow says with a smile.

The conversations continued on, Nate didn't say much and when he did it wasn't much, I could feel his eyes on me, I was still avoiding them. I let out a small yawn and I cover my mouth, feeling exhausted with my lack of sleep. I feel Nate lean in closer to me, placing his hand on my thigh.

"I will take you home" he says, I look up at him, making eye contact I could see pain in his eyes which made me hurt. I nod my head and he stood up; I stand up after him and turn to the group, saying our goodbyes before we walked out of the bar, walking towards Nate's truck. We get in and do up our seatbelts, Nate starts the engine and starts driving towards pack lands.

"Is everything ok?" I hear his voice and I look over at him, his eyes on mine, concerned.

"Yeah" I lie, his eyes flash and I roll my eyes, chuckling slightly. He looks at me amused.

"I forgot that you could hear my heartbeat for a minute there" I admit, and he chuckles slightly, I could feel my heat building up inside me and wriggle on my seat, seeing his eyes flash.

"Forgot you can smell too" I say feeling a little shy.

"Yes" he says simply and looks at the road, his grip tightening on the steering wheel.