Part 6

I was laying on the grass looking up at the clouds with Lily and two other girls, most of the pack members had left the breakfast area and had started doing their daily jobs.

"That one looks like a butt" one says, and they all start giggling.

"Can I borrow you for a moment?" I hear Nate's voice and I sit up, looking at him.

"Sure" I say and stand up. He places his hand on the small of my back and starts to lead me away from the pack area, walking into the forest, it was beautiful here, it was peaceful.

"I'm sorry" Nate says, and I glance over at him with a small smile.

"Don't be" I offer, and he nods his head.

"I don't want to be a bother" I admit, and he looks at me with wide eyes.

"You aren't a bother" he reassured me. I look away from his gaze, seeing a fallen tree trunk that was covered in moss, I walk over to it and sit down, feeling exhausted already. Nate follows me and sits down next to me.

"Tell me what happened" Nate asks softly.

"I told you what happened" I say with a raised eyebrow.

"No, what happened while you were held captive" Nate explains, I could see the pain in his eyes, which made me wonder why, why was he feeling this way, why was he so concerned about me.

"You do not want to know, Nate" I say and look away from him, my eyes on the ground as I tried not to think about my time there, it already haunts me in my sleep.

"I need to know" he says and places his hand on mine, I look up at him, his eyes burning into mine, I could feel myself leaning closer to him, feel a pull towards him. Nate's body stiffens, a completely different look takes over his features and he quickly stood up.

"Go back to the house" Nate demands, and I look at him confused, he starts to strip down in front of me, standing there naked he looks at me.

"Now, Amethyst" he growls as his eyes glow, his body trembles before he shifts into his wolf form, his wolf glaring at me with those glowing blue eyes.

"Amethyst" I hear someone yell, I turn to see Zelena running towards me, concern in her eyes and I realize something is happening. I run to Zelena, she takes my hand and leads me back to Nate's house. We walk inside, Jasmine there waiting for us.

"Oh, thank god" Jasmine says relieved as she sees me.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Hunters" Alex says as she runs in with Lily in her arms. My body freezes at the word, no, they cannot have found me already. I cannot go back there. I run to the room I was staying in and grab my things, stuffing them into a bag.

"What are you doing?" Zelena asks me, I look over to see Jasmine, Zelena and Alex watching me.

"I cannot go back; I cannot survive them again. I must leave" I say as I start to hyperventilate. I feel Zelena wrap her arms around me as I drop to the ground crying. I couldn't do this again; I couldn't let him hurt me the way he did every night.

"You are safe here" Zelena reassures me, I shake in her arms, I wanted to believe her, I wanted to feel safe, but that was a luxury I couldn't afford.

"They will always be after me, I can never escape them, escape him" I say shakily. I hear the door open and my body tenses, my eyes widen, I look up as I hear heavy footsteps making their way towards us in a hurry.

"It's ok, its Nate" Alex reassures me. Nate appears in my doorway, looking at me with concern covering his face. He drops to the ground and wraps his arms around me, Zelena lets go of me. I lean into his chest and close my eyes, a feeling of being safe washes over me. I feel Nate lift me up and place us on the bed, laying down, cradling me.

Nate's POV

I see her on the ground crying, Zelena's arms wrapped around her, I drop to the ground and wrap my arms around her, pulling her close to me as Zelena lets go of her. I scoop her up and sit back on the bed, laying down, keeping my arms wrapped around her. Alex had mind linked with me when Amethyst had started packing her things, she was going to leave and I was going crazy, then I saw the image of her that Alex shared with me, of her hyperventilating, dropping to the ground, I couldn't concentrate after seeing that, after hearing what she said. I look down and Amethyst was asleep, I needed to speak with Zelena. I slowly move from her, careful not to wake her. I walk out of her room and walk into the main living area.

"How is she?" Alex asks and I give her a weak smile.

"Asleep" I answer, and I look over at Zelena.

"I need you to get in her head" I say firmly, Zelena frowns at me.

"I need to know what they did to her" I explain, and she shakes her head.

"I am not going through her head Nate" Zelena says firmly, and I step closer, growling at her.

"I do not care that she is your mate, I will not invade her privacy like that" Zelena says firmly.

"I need to know, the not knowing is tearing me apart" I walk towards her, Zelena holds out her hand, she mumbles something, I'm hit with some sort of energy which throws me across the room. I groan as I hit the wall falling to the ground, I look up to see Zelena glaring at me, Morgan next to her growling at me. Then their eyes widen, their eyes on the hallway, where Amethyst's room was. I look over and see Amethyst standing in the doorway, her eyes were black, purple lightening dancing around her fingers, and she steps in front of me, protectively. Morgan steps forward and Zelena stops him, she was shocked, her eyes wouldn't leave Amethyst's.

"Don't" she whispers to Morgan, though my wolf hearing could hear. I stand up, walking in front of Amethyst, I could not help but be proud of my mate, how protective she was over me. I place my hands on her shoulders.

"It's ok, I deserved that" I reassure her, she looks at me, the color coming back to her eyes, and she blinks at me confused, was she confused at what she had done? Or why she had done it?