Part 13

We were almost finished getting the last-minute things at the shops for tonight, Nate had grabbed a lot of alcohol, wolves really knew how to drink, and they could hold their liquor. Nate was putting everything in the back of his truck.

"Want to get something for lunch?" he asks me as I put the groceries in the back seat of his truck.

"That sounds amazing" I say as I smile at him, he flashed a smile back. I finished putting everything in the truck, shutting the door I lean against the truck watching him, enjoying the way his muscles flexed when he lifted the alcohol.

"So, I know something about Zel, I don't know how to tell her" I say to Nate, he looks at me curiously, shutting the back of his truck he walks over to me, standing in front of me he places his hand on the truck beside my head, looking down at me, our bodies inches apart.

"Everything ok?" he asks concerned; I nod my head, it was hard concentrating with him so close to me, feeling his heat, smelling him, my own arousal forming, and his eyes flashed, he could smell it.

"Yeah of course" I say softly.

"What is it?" he asks.

"Oh, look who it is, I knew it" I hear a familiar voice beside me, Nate looks over to the side, towards the voice, but he doesn't move from me, growling. I turn look towards the voice seeing Lara standing there watching us.

"What do you want, Lara?" Nate asked her annoyed. Her eyes on me, smirking.

"I told you, I am carrying your baby" she says, my eyes widened at the news, I look at Nate who was growling, he turns to face me, about to say something.

"Don't" I say to him. I move away from Nate and walk over to Lara, I had to feel for myself. I put on a fake smile.

"Aww that's exciting news, May I?" I ask as I motion to her stomach. Lara's smirk faulters as she didn't expect my reaction.

"Well, you are fucking my baby daddy so go ahead" she says, I could feel my anger rising, but I wasn't going to show her that. I place my hand on her stomach, my fingers touching her skin and I start to search her body, zoning in on her womb, feeling nothing. She was lying, lying to make Nate take her back. Stupid human. I pull away from her and take a step back.

"Lying will get you nowhere" I say firmly, and she looks at me, a frown on her face, she opens her mouth, but I stop her.

"Unless you feel like experiencing your worst pain all over again, I suggest you walk away and never bother me or Nate again" my voice firm. She stands there looking at me confused.

"Do I make myself clear?" my voice louder, a wave of energy coming from my voice which sends a little shock through the air around me. Lara steps back, fear in her eyes and he turns and runs off crying. Smirking I turn around and look at Nate, who was standing there staring at me wide eyes.

"What? I can't be possessive too?" I ask playfully and give him a smirk.

"That was fucking hot" he admits, and I laugh.

"But how did you know?" he asks me curiously.

"Remember when I said I could scan people, like how I knew Jas was a human and Lily was a wolf. The way I scanned for your human side when your wolf was in control, to bring your human side forward?" I ask and he nods his head.

"Well same things, I scanned her womb. And obviously there was nothing. But that brings me to Zel" I say and look at him, he looks at me curiously.

"Zel does have something in her womb, she is pregnant" I say, and he smiles for his friends.

"But I haven't heard anything, no second heartbeat" Nate says confused, and I smirk at him.

"That is because the baby doesn't have a heartbeat yet, she only just conceived, I say no more than two weeks ago. A heartbeat doesn't form until about week five" I explain, Nate walks over to me, taking my hand in his.

"And you want to tell her?" he asks, and I nod my head.

"Only because I don't want her to drink" I admit, and he smiles and nods his head.

"Zel and Morgan will be thrilled, she would love for you to tell her" Nate says, and I smile.

"Then I will, tonight" I say happily. Nate smiles and starts to lead me back into the small shopping center.

"Alright, now that everything is sorted, let's get some food, I am starving" he says happily.