Chapter 24 - Battle Of The Werewolves Part Five

Lucas' P.O.V.

     After the fight I had with Saxon, I had gone up to my room to think. I know I shouldn't be fighting with him, seeing as he was just worried about Cass, but he needed to understand that if he got through that barrier, things would've gone bad, very bad.

     I sat down on the bed, my elbows on my knees as my head fell into my hands. I tugged on my dirty blonde hair as I tried to regain my control over my emotions. I felt anger because of the way Saxon had said that I would just let Cass go out there and die. I felt sadness, because my cousin was missing. I felt pain, since my thoughts were only negative. It doesn't exactly help that I keep replaying of the image of dead rogues with Cass laying down beside them, eyes open, with a lifeless look in them; which gave me the impression of Cass laying dead somewhere.

     I laid down on the bed, my hands behind my head, as I stared up at the ceiling. I prayed to God, or my family that had passed away, to look after Cass during the battle. I prayed that they would give her strength and determination that I know would help her.

     It wasn't long before I heard footsteps going up the stairs. I listened closely to the silent whispers and small sniffles. I knew it was May and Keith immediately when I heard the voices across the hallway. I couldn't imagine what they were going through, right? My eyes drooped for a little before I was startled by a voice, Cassidy's voice to be exact.

     'You should get some rest, Lucas,' she said through mind-link.

     'I can't, too busy thinking about you,' I answered back.

     'You shouldn't worry, I'll be fine,' she replied.

     'I know, but...ugh! It's hard to explain, okay?' I said, defeated.

     'Just close your eyes and sleep. In the morning it'll all be over,' she whispered. I did not like the fact that her voice had a final tone to it. I didn't like that she didn't want to speak about the next morning and if it'll be possible for her to come back home, alive.

     'No, keep me awake so I know you'll be okay,' I replied before she could bring up her block.

     'Well, I guess you've noticed, I've accepted my wolf side,' she replied.

     I chuckled and sarcastically said, 'No, I thought I was just talking to my damn self.'

     She giggled and replied, 'Well, then Lucas, that might be a sign that you're going mental.'

     I rolled my eyes and closed my eyes.

     Ha! That rhymed. I thought to myself, grinning like an idiot at my childishness.

     I knew Cass had already pulled up her block, seeing as she hasn't said anything. My memories went back to the day after her mum was killed.

     I was walking around, scared. The reason why I was scared was because I was in the forest, alone, in the dark. Cassidy's father, Alpha Ruth, had gone to Cassidy's room not too long ago to check up on her. He had eventually ended up barging into everyone's room to wake them up and look for Cassidy, seeing as she wasn't in her room.

     So here I was, looking for my damn missing cousin that had the balls to walk into the forest, or somewhere else, in the middle of the night, not caring of the danger she had put herself in.