Chapter 4 - Do I Ever Get A Break?, Mistake #2, Strike 2

Cassidy's P.O.V.

     Why was I feeling heartbroken all over again? Beats me. Is it because that day when I was in the woods with him? Have I made a mistake of letting my guard down? Why do I feel like a silly teenager with a silly crush, only to get heartbroken? The following two weeks have been....interesting. I couldn't focus on protecting the pack, so eventually Lucas, Keith, and May told me to lay off for a while until I can get over what happened. May has been supporting, while Keith and Lucas keep on mumbling ways on how to kill him. It's quite actually amusing, one actually made me crack up. Keith said he'll put firecrackers in to Saxon's toilet and wait for Saxon to use it...and...bam! Blow off Saxon's family jewels. Disgusting? Yes, but hilarious? Yes!

     Another week past by, of course, I got over Saxon, again. Anyways I returned to Protecting, and keeping my word on watching from the shadows in the woods at school. Keith told me that they're four new wolves, but Lucas and him couldn't tell which pair would try and to kill Saxon. I've followed Saxon from and to school, making sure there are no wolves trying to kill him. I also noticed every afternoon when he gets home, he'll shift and run into the clearing that I met him at and lay there. Was he expecting me to show up? At around eight or nine o' clock, he'll leave.

     Another two weeks passed and I've been staying in the shadows, doing my usual routine. It also didn't put my nerves at stake when I saw Saxon on Monday. He looked like he'd been dragged through hell. Dark shadows under his eyes, his tan skin went pale a little, he basically looked like a dead man walking. Lucas and Keith must've noticed too because they looked in my direction. I quickly tuned in my senses and spoke to them.

     "He looks like a dead man walking," I mumbled, Keith, Lucas, and May nodded slightly. Oh! I forgot! May also enrolled in school, I was shocked when she said that, it turns out her mate is Saxon's best friend, Peter. May has been watching him from the shadows in school, protecting him. Peter still has no clue that May is his mate, but I noticed May losing her posture a few times when Peter kissed or touched another girl.

     I watched as Saxon pulled himself over to his friends. As soon as his groupies saw him, their eyes went wide and their mouth dropped open.

     "Saxon, you look horrible. Who dragged you out of hell?" asked one of his friends. I burst out laughing. I noticed Keith, May, and Lucas snickering. Saxon shot him a death glare and told him to shut up.

     "Cassidy, maybe you should come out from the shadows and at-lease re-fuel him," I heard May mumble. I snapped my head over to her direction as she shot me a sympathy look.

     "Maybe you should, if he's not strong enough, he can't fight, meaning more work for us or you," mumbled Lucas. I sighed, giving up. I know they were going to keep on pushing until I did what they say. How can I re-fuel him without getting attached to him again? I didn't have enough time to think as I noticed Keith and Lucas making their way towards Saxon. I pulled my bow and quiver off from my shoulder and sat it to the side of the tree. I noticed May standing off in the corner of the school, obviously not wanting to show herself to her mate.

     "Stand up for Saxon when Keith is about to punch him, okay?" I heard May ask, silently. I knew she was looking in my direction, I continued to stare at Keith as he made his way towards Saxon as I mumbled a small yeah.

     "Dude! Saxon - whoa, who the hell dragged you outta hell and smudged cow shit in your face?" asked Keith. My mouth dropped open as Saxon went to throw a punch at Keith. Keith dodged it and was about to punch Saxon, but I caught his fist with my hand, standing in-front of Saxon, literally, I could feel his breath on my neck.