Chapter 22 - Battle Of The Werewolves Part Three

May's P.O.V.

     As Keith and I made our way up the stairs, we could hear Saxon's heart beating slower and slower, notifying us that he was calming down and trying to get some sleep. My heart went out to him, he needed Cass by his side, he loved her, I knew he was struggling to not shift and try to break down the barrier; I felt bad for him, although I never did like him in the beginning because my instincts already told me that he was going to bring trouble to not only me, but Cassidy, doesn't mean anything anymore. The past was the past. Like Cass used to say, as time passes on, we all change and mature. Until this day, I never understood what that meant. Now that I look back in my life, she was right. I was immature back then, but as time passed, I no longer chased Keith nor Lucas around the backyard with a knife, yelling out a colourful line of curse words. I now actually felt feelings for Keith and Lucas. I now understood that they arn't just some douches, they're my family. Keith and Lucas may get on my nerves, but they understood where I came from. They too, have lost the people they loved and suffered an equal amount of pain as me. I have also noticed that Keith and Lucas have changed too, well, Keith the most, Lucas still acts somewhat the same. Keith no longer played around and drew silly stuff on my face as I slept, he now comforts me and holds my hand when I sleep, ever since he found out about my nightmares.

     I continued to struggle against the ropes as I watched my mum and father look at me with guilt.

     "No! Don't touch them!" I yelled as the rogue slowly came into view. His chuckle echoed around me as he gazed at me.

     "Oh, so you don't want me to do this?" he asked as he drew the knife across my mum's cheek. I watched as a cut began to bleed on her right cheek. I snarled and tugged on the ropes harder.

     "Leave her alone!" I shouted. I never thought that my life would end up like this.

     "Please, please let us say goodbye to her," begged my father. The rogue sighed and looked between us.

     "Whatever," he said. He snapped his fingers, motioning for the rogues and hunters in the room to leave and give us our private time. Once the door shut, I slumped against the pole and cried.

     "We're so sorry," whispered my mum. My head shot up and I looked at her. I shook my head.

     "It's not your fault, mum, nor is it your's," I said, looking over at my father. His eyes coated in pain as he looked at me.

     "May, please know that I never meant to hurt you in any way. I love you, you'll always be my daughter," he croaked, staring at me with much love that made my heart swell.

     "No we're not saying our goodbyes, I - I'm going to get out of this a - and I'm going to free you and we'll be together again, we'll escape from this hell hole and go to America," I said as I tugged harder on the ropes.

     "No, sweetie, this is the end for us," said my mum, I looked at her questioningly. I opened my mouth to speak but the rogues and hunters came back into the room.

     "Time's up," the rogue chuckled, drawing out his gun. My breathing sped up as I struggled against the ropes. My mum and dad looked behind me, nodding their head, before they shut their eyes when the two rogues aimed the gun at their chests.

     Before you know it, time slowed down as I watched the two rogues shoot my mum and dad, in the heart. When the bullet penetrated through their chests, I felt the pain they felt. I could feel their lives weaken on our family bond. I found myself screaming as tears poured down my face.

     "May! May!" someone shouted, the voice sounded so familiar, but yet so distant.

     "Wake up! May!" shouted the voice once again. I finally then noticed that everything disappeared as my eyes shot open. The first thing I saw was Keith. He was shaking me violently by my shoulders. I was in his lap, straddling him, not only that, but his eyes were coated with concern. I let the fresh tears pour out as I leaned my head on his shoulder, my arms going around him, holding him close to me. He froze for a second before one of his arms went to the back of my head, running up and down, in a soothing manner as he whispered sweet words to me. 

     Ever since that day, Keith had changed. He had realized that I was not the tough girl he had met, but a broken girl at heart.

     Keith and I stopped in-front of Peter's bedroom door when we reached it. He turned towards me and smiled sadly. He brought me into his arms as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

     "Get some sleep, she'll return, I know it," he whispered. I sniffed and nodded slightly. We pulled away and looked at each other with pride. Pride for Cass. He kissed my forehead and pushed me into Peter's room. He shut the door and walked away. I listened to Keith's fading steps as I walked towards Peter's bed, where he was sleeping. I crawled into bed with him and laid by his side. His arm went around my waist as he spooned me from behind. He moved me closer to him and kissed my neck. My heart fluttered as I sighed and closed my eyes. He continued to leave trails of kisses up my neck, until they landed on my jaw.

     "I love you, May," he whispered. I smiled as I felt my nerves and pain melt away at his words.

     "I love you too," I whispered. He arm tightened around me.

     "God, I love hearing you say that," he said. I giggled and swatted his arm.

     "You know she'll return," he said, seriousness in his voice. I bit down on my lip as a whimper came out. I didn't want to think about the negatives that came to my head suddenly.

     "Baby, shh, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-" he started, but was cut off.

     "No it's okay, I just wished she would have told us about her decision at-least," I said. He sighed and kissed my neck one last time before he laid back down.

     "Get some rest," he said softly. I nodded and closed my eyes.

     'I'm sorry May, but please know that I love you,' whispered Cassidy.

     My eyes shot open as my heart began speeding up.

     She had read through my thoughts and talked to me, through mind-link!

     "May, baby, you okay?" asked Peter, he must've noticed my heart beat increasing.

     "Yeah, I was just being negative and thinking that Cass wouldn't come back," I lied. His arm tightened on me once again.

     "Don't say that," he whispered. Before you know it, the both of us slowly drifted off to sleep. I had tried to talk to her back, but her block was pulled up. Before I fell to sleep, my eyes landed on the window.

     The full moon.