Chapter 17 - Work, School, Wait,-What?

Cassidy's P.O.V.

     "Cass, are you okay?" asked a voice. I blinked many times before my eyes focused on the teacher.

     "Err...yeah. Can you repeat that question?" I asked. The whole class laughed at me.

     "I was taking attendance. I guess you are here," said the teacher, marking a check mark next to my name. I also didn't miss the fact that she was bitting her lip, trying hard not to laugh.

     "Baby, you okay?" asked Saxon, who was behind me. I just nodded. In the corner of my eyes, I could see Keith, Lucas, and May exchanging looks. I sighed and laid my head on my desk. I really hate school.

     After Christmas was peaceful. New Year's was freaking crazy. Let's just say....drunk girls trying to hit on Saxon, really makes my blood boil. We've might've had an accident here and there, but everyone turned out to be okay, unless you count May partying like no tomorrow and hitting on every guy in the club we went to, which resulted Peter to go blood frenzy, which resulted for the guys and I to drag him out of the club, to be okay, than everything's fine! Yes, the guys and I including Saxon and his group went to a club for New Year's. At first it was fun...until midnight began to roll around, things turned out to be...err....let's just say we are never ever going to a club again.

     After New Year's, we had to return back to school; which is a drag by the way. I still hadn't told anyone that I came across the rogue that killed my mum. That was my problem. It was eating me up inside, I had to go and find that rogue. I needed to kill him, like he did to my mum. I've been trying hard to keep it quiet, and act normal, since I really didn't want to drag everyone else in this. No matter what, this is my battle. I'm not going to get Lucas, Keith, or May involved because they've had enough drama in their life and it's been a while since I've seen them let loose and have fun. I'm not going to include Saxon; even if he is my mate, or any of the other guys because this is my fight, my battle, I either come back alive, or I don't. I don't want to risk the lives of my loved ones at any cost. I've already lost enough people in my life, I don't need anyone else leaving.

     It wasn't too soon before I fell asleep on my desk.

     "Cass!" someone shouted while shaking my shoulders violently.

     I groaned and shot right up. "I'm up! I'm up!" I shouted. I looked around the classroom to only see the teacher standing in-front of me with a worried look on her face. I looked around the room and saw every student looking at me worriedly too. The hell is going on?

     "Cass, that was the fourth time we tried waking you up," mumbled May.

     "Cassidy, please step outside of the classroom so we can talk," said the teacher. I groaned and stood up. I walked outside of the classroom and waited for the teacher as she told the class to behave while she had a chat with me. Once she stepped out of the classroom, making sure the door is shut, she turned and looked at me.

     "Cassidy, the Alpha has told me that you have been acting...out of place these past few days, are you okay?" she asked. Crap. I forgot this teacher was a werewolf.

     I groaned and ran a hand over my face. "I'm fine, I'm fine, it's just that I've been up trying to catch up on my school work," I lied.

     "You have perfect A's in every class," she pointed out.

     "And I would like to keep it that way," I said. She stared at me for a few more seconds, searching for anything. She must've found nothing since she sighed and nodded.