Chapter 26 - Finish Your Goal, And Run.

Cassidy's P.O.V.

     My whole life flashed before my eyes as my arms and knees wobbled, causing me to drop to the ground with a grunt. In the background, was the leader's laughter. I struggled to keep my eyes open, but my body refused to do a bloody thing like that. It wanted to shut down and sleep for decades.

     The cold wind flew on by, kissing me with it's soft lips. My body was cold, but at the same time hot. It was killing me. The crisp air was no longer fresh, but was tainted with ash, the smell of flames, and blood. The grass earlier has been soft, plush like almost, but now it felt like small needles, that were penetrating my body, causing me to feel more weak.

     Everything seemed to flash by in a second or so, giving me a pounding headache. I watched as Saxon and I grew old, had children, and watched them grow up. I watched as Keith and May came over with their children and mates. Everything flashed before my eyes, and yet, I couldn't move. My body felt like a heavy piece of metal, refusing to be lifted. My arms and legs locked under my body, not allowing me to move or twitch a finger.

    My eyes slowly drooped closed as I finally stopped struggling.

    I let the pain and death take over me as I allowed myself to fall into a deep pool of darkness. I sank lower, and lower, watching as the sunlight and the top of the pool get further away from me, telling me that it was too late.

     As I watched my life flash throughout my eyes, I suddenly snapped open my eyes and refused to sink. My body became active as I pushed myself forward and swam towards the top.

     I sat up slowly, as I grabbed the back of the knife and pulled it out of my body, wincing as I did. I looked at the knife, which was covered in my blood. I look up and smirked when I realized that the leader had no idea that I was alive and that I was going to finish my goal, and run. I stood up, wobbling slightly as I pulled my hand back, and launched it forward, letting go of the knife. I watched as it plunged his back, stopping him from laughing. He let out a grunt as he fell face forwards. I grabbed my bow and arrows once again, but this time, I was going to finish what I started.

    I grabbed an arrow and locked it into my bow. I steadily aimed for the leader's body and watched as it went up in flames. I heard his pleas of help, and his painful cries, but I ignored him and turned around. I continued to walk into the forest, with a blurry vision. My body felt heavy and hot. My eyes struggled to keep a perfect vision, but everything I saw was blurred or red.

     It wasn't long before I fell to the ground and closed my eyes. The last thing I saw and felt was somebody scooping me up into their arms and carrying me somewhere. And I will tell you one thing, it most definitely was not Saxon.

     "Shh, Cass, I've got you. You should get some rest," whispered as voice.

     "Yeah, we got you," joined another one.

    I remembered these voices as the two Protectors from Alpha Nelson's land that I had met last time when I helped save Lilly from the rogues and hunters.

    As I obeyed their command, I couldn't help but remember what had happened this past year. It was crazy to think about it. Who would've known that a year already went by? I could've swore it was only a few months or so, but I was wrong. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Valentine's Day, and so on.

    But this is the life I chose, since after all, I was just simply a Protector of the Werewolves.