Chapter 13 - Party Disaster, Broken Heart

Cassidy's P.O.V.

     I was already awake the next morning, earlier than the alarm clock that I had set last night. I got up and got out of bed, while gathering my clothes that were set out, and walked into the bathroom. After my morning routine, I walked downstairs. On the coffee table, was the bag of items I sent Lucas out to buy yesterday. I sighed and grabbed the bag, walking back up to my room. In the bag was the contact lenses along with the substance that I needed to use to mix before dripping some of it onto the contacts. I quickly got to work before the rest of the crew woke up. I set up the four contact lenses cases on the table. I looked at my alarm clock and saw I only have about an hour and 20 minutes before everyone else woke up. I sat down and started working. Thanks, mum; for leaving the journal behind for me...and everything else. Without it, we would've been hopeless...or dead by now.

     When the four of us got to school, we had the contact lenses on perfectly. Even though the four of us had perfect vision, we just bought regular contacts that had no prescription, I remember the eye doctor looking at us weirdly, but he let it go. I opened my locker and a note slipped out. May, Keith, and Lucas stopped talking as I bent down and grabbed it. I stood back up and opened it.

     It read:

     Cass! Hey there, I'm not sure if you remember me, but I'm in your Art class, anyways it's Kevin. I'm having a party tomorrow night and I wondered if you could come. Bring anyone you want, including Keith, Lucas, and May.

     When: 8:00 pm; Saturday, December 1st

     Keith knows where I live, so ask him for my address! Hope you can make it!

     I looked up at the rest of the crew, who were looking at the note curiously. I sighed and grabbed my textbooks I needed for class. As we walked into homeroom, Saxon and the guys were already there. I tried hard to ignore them...which wasn't easy...since I was hanging on a very thin thread...it doesn't make it any easier since my seat is behind him. I sat down and looked through my agenda.

     "What did the note say?" asked Lucas. His seat was next to me. He sat on the table and looked down at me. I just shrugged.

     "Kevin-," I started, but was rudely cut off...by Keith.

     "Kevin? From our Art class?" he asked.

     "Yes," I scowled, " as I was saying, before I was interrupted, Kevin invited all four of us to his party tomorrow. Do you guys want to go?" 

     "Hell yes!" exclaimed Keith, while fist pumping the air.

     "His parties are legendary, even college people go to them," said Keith.

     May squealed. "I definitely want to go, Cass, we should go shopping after school for a dress!" I should've remembered...May loved parties.

     "Sounds fun," said Lucas while smirking. I raised an eyebrow at him. He just nodded his head towards Peter and Saxon. I looked over at them and saw them tense...very tense. I shook my head with a smile creeping on my face, oh Lucas, what are we goin' to do with you?

     "Then it's decided, we're all going to the party. Oh Keith, Kevin says that you know his address?" I said, even though it sounded like a question.

     "Yeah, remember that day when I had to stay after school?" he asked.

     "Yeah," I said.