Chapter 21 - Battle Of The Werewolves Part Two

Saxon's P.O.V.

     I was going crazy not knowing what the hell to do. I couldn't just sit here and do nothing! The full moon rises in a few minutes and I am not going to sit here and let my mate allow her to sacrifice herself.

     "Than what do you plan on doing?" asked Lucas. I cursed under my breath for saying that out loud.

     "I don't know, but I just can't stand around here and do nothing!" I yelled, turning to face him.

     "It's not that easy you know, just do this," he said as he leaned on the wall and crossed his arms over his chest.

     "How can you stand here like this?! She could be laying somewhere, injured!" I yelled, pacing back and forth.

     "Eh," he replied while shrugging his shoulders. I stopped pacing and looked at him.

     "She's your only family left!" I roared. His head snapped over to mine as his eyes narrowed at me.

     "What are you tryin' to say?" he asked.

     "That you are not suitable to be her family! What kind of cousin lets her go out and fight alone while just standing there, acting like nothing is going to happen?!" I spat. He clenched his jaw and lunged at me. It wasn't to long before everyone was trying to get us to separate and stop punching each other like a punching bag.

     "You don't understand anything!" he yelled as he punched my right jaw. I've gotta admit, this guy has one hell of a right hook.

     "Try me!" I grunted. Before you know it, it took six pack members to hold me back while it took Keith, May, Peter, and Seth to hold back Lucas.

     He grunted as he shook them off. He then faced me and clenched his jaw.

     "You wouldn't understand a single thing when it come's to Cass, you may be her mate and love her, but I've seen what makes her tick, or what makes her cry, or things that excite her, you've only seen the basics of Cass," he snapped.

     "Oh yeah? Why don't you enlighten me on how you're so calm about...this," I spat, gesturing around me.

     "The only reason why I'm so calm, along with Keith and May, is because we don't doubt her fighting skills like you do. We know what she is cable of, we know how strong she is. I believe in Cass. Like I said, you don't understand a single thing about my cousin. Haven't you gotten it through your thick skull already, Saxon? That maybe she put the barrier dust around this house not to only protect us, but to protect herself? If we were out on that battle-field with her, what would you think she would do instead of focusing on killing the one man that she despises?" he sneered. As my breathing began to slow down, the pack members let go of me. I looked into Lucas' eyes before I looked down at the hard floor.

     "Protecting us," I mumbled.

     "Exactly. She wouldn't be able to focus on her attacks, she'll be focusing on how to keep the rogues away from us, from keeping us safe. That reason alone, is one reason why I'm calm about this situation. I'm not going to try and to get out because I want her to able to focus on the task at hand, not protecting us," he said, before he turned around and went to the guest room where he was staying. May and Keith looked at his retreating figure before they sighed and slumped down on the couch. Every pack member eventually retreated and went back to their rooms.

     "He's right, you know," said May, glancing over at me.

     "I know he is," I said as I took a seat across from her.

     "Look Saxon, you need to understand that Cassidy isn't the weak girl who she used to be. You should've seen her the past few days, or weeks, she has been practicing non-stop. The only reason we didn't understand was why, but now we know why. Don't doubt Cassidy on the things she can or cannot do. She's ready for this battle, and we know that you are ready to accept what happens when the sun rises tomorrow," said Keith, looking at me with proud eyes.

     I stayed quiet and listened to their heartbeats, along with mine. I knew they were right. Fate is fate.

     Keith and May got up and walked over towards me. May squatted down, so she could be eye level with me. She smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck, hugging me. My arms went around her small waist as I hugged her back. Sure, May and I have gotten off on the wrong foot, but that doesn't mean that we can't get along.

     "Get some sleep," she whispered into my ear.

     "I'll try," I replied. She pulled away and sniffed. I looked at her and noticed un-shed tears in her eyes. I smiled weakly at her as she did the same. I got up and man-hugged Keith. Once Keith and pulled away, he smiled and patted me on my shoulder one last time before he grabbed May's hand and walked her upstairs. I watched as Keith led May to Peter's bedroom door before he turned towards her and hug her. He pulled away and whispered reassuring words to her before he kissed her forehead and pushed her softly into Peter's room. He closed Peter's bedroom door and walked into his guest bedroom. I sighed and slumped back down onto the couch before I laid out and allowed sleep to come to me.

     That was, until a melodic voice entered into my head.

     'I love you, Saxon,' whispered Cassidy.

     My eyes shot open as I shot up on the couch. Cassidy had talked to me, using her mind-link. I tried to reach to her and tell her the same thing, but she had pulled up her block.

     That was when I looked out the window and saw the big, bright moon shining. That had told me that she had started the fight, and there was no going back.